China Goes for VC Gold
- An Example of Venture Capital Financing. // Business Review (Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia);2009 Third Quarter, p22
The article presents a sample scenario of venture capital financing wherein an individual loaned a start-up money from his neighbor. The question raised by the sample is how to draw a contract between the entrepreneur and the venture capitalist which can satisfy some given scenarios involving...
- Part Seven: Banking, Foreign Exchange Transactions and Corporate Finance: Venture Capital Investment in China. Li, Jonsson Yinya // Doing Business with China;2005, p290
The chapter focuses on the state of the venture capital (VC) investment system in China as of January 2005. It reveals the motivating force behind the development of the VC industry. The system relies heavily on funding from the government and its state-owned enterprises. Many factors may hinder...
- HIGHT ROLLERS. // Entrepreneur;Aug2008, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p63
The article reports that the year 2007 is the highest invested year since 2001 by venture capitalists in new ventures. Entrepreneurs have received more than $7 billion a quarter for four straight quarters, since 2001. Venture capitalists have invested $29.4 billion in 3,813 deals in 2007....
- How do investors get paid? Advani, Asheesh // Entrepreneur;Apr2009, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p94
The article discusses the venture-capital industry (VC) and presents advice to startup firms on obtaining funding from it. Over one ten-year period the median return for VC firms was below 5% for nine of the ten years. Startup companies should seek funds from only the best VC firms, and should...
- Window of opportunity. Hogg, Sam // Entrepreneur;Apr2013, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p74
The article considers the role of venture capital funds in financing new business enterprises. The significance in the age of a venture capital fund in its investment decisions is examined in which funds are far more likely to invest in new business enterprises in their first five years of...
- Venture capital deals. Primack, Dan // Fortune.com;10/30/2013, p1
The article offers information on venture capital deals as of October 30, 2013. Immune-based therapies developer Immune Design has secured Series C funding and an upfront investment from backers Topspin Partners and The Column Group. Medical device developer CVRx Inc. has secured Series F...
- The West Will Rise Again. Alsop, Stewart // Fortune;12/30/2002, Vol. 146 Issue 13, p64
Presents the opinions of the author with regard to economic change and venture-backed technology entrepreneurship in the United States. Importance of venture capital; Suggestion that U.S. companies work well at redeploying technology and ideas; Status of economic resilience in the U.S.
- Tech Startups Drawing Interest From VC Funds. Simons, Andrew // San Diego Business Journal;6/27/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 26, p23
Reports on surge in venture capital spending, particularly for technology startups in Orange County, California. Chance of many of startups to grow, be bought or go public; Amount of venture funding a handful of startups each draw in the first quarter of 2005.
- To Win the VC Game, Learn the Rules. Joseph, V. K. // njbiz;8/29/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 35, Special Section p23
Offers tips on winning the support of venture capitalists. Type of companies venture capitalists are interested with; Reasons for the reluctance of some entrepreneurs to seek venture capital funds; Need to accept the active role of venture capitalists in the companies they support.