TiVo, Amazon Target Impulse Buyers
- RULE BOOK GETS BOUNCED BY TIVO. McFarland, Melanie // Daily Variety;12/4/2007, Vol. 297 Issue 46, pA1
The article offers suggestions on how to determine a smash hit television series (TS) show. It states that the strong demand for digital video recorder in the U.S. addresses executives to review their market strategy. In doing so, executives must consider the live-plus-seven day measure, which...
- Catching the next wave. Hall, Wendy Jackson // Variety;1/14/2002 Supplement, Vol. 385 Issue 8, p25
Interviews several television executives and producers in the U.S. about children's programming in the U.S. television. Selection of television program time slots; Assessment of the behavior of children; Information on children as television audience; Different animated program shown in the U.S.
- The Tribe Has Spoken. Gardyn, Rebecca // American Demographics;Sep2001, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p34
Discusses the findings of a survey conducted by Bruskin Research company for 'American Demographics' about reality television (TV) programs in the U.S. Age cohorts which are attracted to reality TV; Reasons for watching reality TV; Advertisements in reality TV. INSETS: REALITY BITES;WHY...
- UPN's 'Beat' cops gain in Tuesday viewership. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;03/23/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 15, p5
Reports on the viewership of the television (TV) program `The Beat,' in the United States during its premiere broadcast at TV network UPN. Rating of the program according to a survey by Nielsen Media Research; Ratings of other TV programs aired by UPN.
- NATPE's a time to find new model. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;1/21/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p11
Reports the need for the National Association of Television Program Executives to devise a business model for programming and advertising deals in the United States. Analysis of the shift in audience share; Creation of television station platforms aimed at regulating competition; Expansion of...
- Syndication wrap-up. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/29/99, Vol. 129 Issue 49, p33
Presents several charts on top television programs in the United States from November 1-7, 1999. Rank of the top television programs based on viewership; Number of television households gathered in the survey; Comparison on the average audience and gross aggregate average of television...
- Broadcast Watch. Ray, Kenneth // Broadcasting & Cable;10/8/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 42, p28
Presents a chart depicting the broadcast network prime time rating in the United States as of September 2001. List of top ten shows of the week; List of the top court shows; Number of viewers for the show 'Who Wants to be a Millionaire.'
- New shows fail to get viewers. Pursell, Chris // Electronic Media;10/02/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 40, p8
Presents results of a survey on the ratings share of television shows conducted by Nielsen Media Research in the United States as of September 2000. Includes rise in the audience share of the court shows 'Power of Attorney' and 'Judge Hatchett'; Data on viewership of talk shows; Coverage and...
- New Late-Night Shows Strive to Open Eyes. Clark, Tim // Multichannel News;12/3/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 49, p29
Reports on the efforts of late-night cable shows to entice viewers in the United States. Exceptions of signature programs of Comedy Central's The Daily Show and ESPN's SportsCenter; Development of a game plan by USA Network; Characteristics of the late-night audience on viewing habits.