Sell a lifestyle
- Casual dining serving up better quality with wide range of looks. Knell, Michael J. // Furniture/Today;10/17/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p208
Reports on the different styles and offerings of casual dining in response to retail demand in the U.S. Evolutions of the counter-height dining; Key styles for domestic products; Adaptation of the elements from traditional and contemporary looks.
- Focus/16 dates confirmed. // Cabinet Maker;7/8/2016, Issue 5988, p10
The article offers information on the Focus/16 furniture design show to be held at the Design Centre in London, England on September 22-23, 2016.
- Payne teaming with Lazar for upholstery group. Evans, Gary // Furniture/Today;4/21/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 32, p18
The article reports that designer Michael Payne, best known for his HGTV program "Designing for the Sexes," will introduce an upholstered furniture collection for contemporary specialist Lazar Furniture Industries in California. The launch include six or seven pieces that will cover the basics...
- European grandeur. // Furniture/Today;10/16/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p62
Presents European-inspired furniture designs and styles. Round-back chair with pleated dressmaker skirt from C.R. Laine; Use of traditional superscale floral bridges in soft hues from Oriental Weavers; Rural styling of the Villa Provence cabinet from Broyhill.
- Tall stories. Cardew, Ben // Cabinet Maker;7/22/2005, Issue 5448, p22
The article focuses on the latest trend in furniture design in Great Britain. Phil Goodier, managing director of Stag, asserted that minimal living spaces requires more taller cabinets with wide storage capacity. Thus, retailer and manufacturer Sliderobes introduced sliding and taller wardrobes...
- Fabrics. // Cabinet Maker;9/30/2005, Issue 5458, p12
Presents various fabrics and textiles used in furniture design.
- SHOW REVIEW 100% DESIGN. // Cabinet Maker;10/21/2005, Issue 5461, p20
Presents the various innovative furniture designs developed by furniture retailers presented at the Earls Court 2 in Great Britain. INSET: Fact File.
- Committed to craftsmanship. // Cabinet Maker;5/19/2006 Supplement, p8
The article reports that energy and innovation are the essence of contemporary design and Great Britain is cultivating more than its fair share of talent. Plenty of this talent is being directed at creating vibrant furniture and accessories for this sector. The article speaks to three bright...
- Habitat's celebrity birthday surprises. // Cabinet Maker;8/27/2004, Issue 5403, p4
Reports on Habitat Inc.'s launching of a set of furniture designed by several celebrities. Celebrities involved in the furniture designing; Furniture included in the launching; Implication of the launching on Habitat's business.