Sell a lifestyle
- Casual dining serving up better quality with wide range of looks. Knell, Michael J. // Furniture/Today;10/17/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p208
Reports on the different styles and offerings of casual dining in response to retail demand in the U.S. Evolutions of the counter-height dining; Key styles for domestic products; Adaptation of the elements from traditional and contemporary looks.
- Payne teaming with Lazar for upholstery group. Evans, Gary // Furniture/Today;4/21/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 32, p18
The article reports that designer Michael Payne, best known for his HGTV program "Designing for the Sexes," will introduce an upholstered furniture collection for contemporary specialist Lazar Furniture Industries in California. The launch include six or seven pieces that will cover the basics...
- Sticks and stones. // Furniture/Today;10/16/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p60
Presents furniture designs and styles with focus on textures. Mixture of woven natural palm bark inlaid with palm leaf marquetry in the Palm Leaf Sleigh Sofa from Bassett Furniture Industries; Use of goatskin in the J.D. Chamberlain collection; Utilization of stitching techniques in the...
- European grandeur. // Furniture/Today;10/16/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p62
Presents European-inspired furniture designs and styles. Round-back chair with pleated dressmaker skirt from C.R. Laine; Use of traditional superscale floral bridges in soft hues from Oriental Weavers; Rural styling of the Villa Provence cabinet from Broyhill.
- Youth continues to be vibrant. Kitchen, Jane // Furniture/Today;12/27/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 16, p36
The article reports that manufacturers and retailers in the furniture industry continue to enter the youth arena as they look to bolster their business, and 2005 should see further growth. With an election year behind them, many home furnishings players believe the economy will get better, and...
- It's the year of American design, says consultant. Hunt, Gerri // Furniture/Today;3/13/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 27, p42
The article discusses the perspectives of Davis Remignanti, lead design consultant for online retailer www.furniture.com, regarding the demand for American design in the furniture industry. He said that in 2006 there will be renewed interest of the design, such as finishes that are textures,...
- A case of classic or contemporary. // Cabinet Maker;4/15/2005, Issue 5434, p5
Reports on the increasing trend in classic and contemporary furniture collections in Great Britain. Reason for the increasing interest on contemporary styles; Factors affecting a consumer's preference; Actions taken by furniture companies to cater the changing preference of consumers.
- Tall stories. Cardew, Ben // Cabinet Maker;7/22/2005, Issue 5448, p22
The article focuses on the latest trend in furniture design in Great Britain. Phil Goodier, managing director of Stag, asserted that minimal living spaces requires more taller cabinets with wide storage capacity. Thus, retailer and manufacturer Sliderobes introduced sliding and taller wardrobes...
- Fabrics. // Cabinet Maker;9/30/2005, Issue 5458, p12
Presents various fabrics and textiles used in furniture design.