Increased losses hit HoF shares
- HoF profits plummet. // Housewares;Jan/Feb96, Issue 124, p4
Reports on the expected decline of the department store group House of Fraser. Projected pre-tax profits; Sales; Impact of lower profit margin on changes in sales mix.
- House of Fraser operating net rockets 97.2% for the first half. Fallon, James // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/3/1994, Vol. 168 Issue 65, p19
Reports on the financial performance of the British department store group House of Fraser PLC for the first half of 1994. Rise in operating profits; Sales figures; Increased loss as a result of exceptional costs associated with its stock market flotation in March; Company operations; Planned...
- House of Fraser loses $4.7M in first half. Fallon, James // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/27/1995, Vol. 170 Issue 59, p31
Reports on House of Fraser PLC's losses in the first half ended July 29, 1995. Gross profit margins; Sales; Factors behind poor results.
- House of Fraser reports profits off for fiscal '94. Fallon, Jim // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/25/1995, Vol. 169 Issue 79, p7
Reports on the decline in House of Fraser PLC's profits in fiscal 1994. Sales; Earnings per share; Factors behind poor performance.
- Fraser posts loss, plans shutterings. Fallon, James // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/2/1996, Vol. 172 Issue 64, p17
Reports on British department store chain House of Fraser PLC's plans to close several retail units after posting after-tax losses in the first half of 1996. Increase in sales for the six months ended July 27, 1996; Problems with the women's wear unit; Decline in gross margins.
- House of Fraser plans $79.9M restructuring. Fallon, James // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/28/1997, Vol. 173 Issue 18, p6
Reports on the restructuring plan of House of Fraser PLC that will cost up to $79.9M. Employee layoffs; Sale of three stores; Stock writedowns and costs; Restructuring program's aim of improving the company's operating efficiency and trading performance.
- Profits halved at HoF. // Housewares;May/Jun96, Issue 127, p5
Reports on the financial performance of House of Fraser department store chain in Great Britain. Plans for store closures; Profits; Concession sales.
- Marks & Spencer ends reign in Spain. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;11/9/2001, Issue 5263, p5
Reports the stocks update of furniture industry in Great Britain as of November 5, 2001. Sell out of Marks and Spencer stores in Spain; Details on the sales performance of Argos; Increase in the balance of share in Airsprung manufacturer.
- Unfavourable outlook for smaller firms. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;01/09/98, Issue 5070, p7
Opinion. Looks into the stock performance of furniture retailers, manufacturers and suppliers in Great Britain, as of January 5, 1998. Results of trading during the holiday period; Trends in stock indexes.