Increased losses hit HoF shares
- HoF profits plummet. // Housewares;Jan/Feb96, Issue 124, p4
Reports on the expected decline of the department store group House of Fraser. Projected pre-tax profits; Sales; Impact of lower profit margin on changes in sales mix.
- House of Fraser operating net rockets 97.2% for the first half. Fallon, James // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/3/1994, Vol. 168 Issue 65, p19
Reports on the financial performance of the British department store group House of Fraser PLC for the first half of 1994. Rise in operating profits; Sales figures; Increased loss as a result of exceptional costs associated with its stock market flotation in March; Company operations; Planned...
- House of Fraser loses $4.7M in first half. Fallon, James // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/27/1995, Vol. 170 Issue 59, p31
Reports on House of Fraser PLC's losses in the first half ended July 29, 1995. Gross profit margins; Sales; Factors behind poor results.
- House of Fraser reports profits off for fiscal '94. Fallon, Jim // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/25/1995, Vol. 169 Issue 79, p7
Reports on the decline in House of Fraser PLC's profits in fiscal 1994. Sales; Earnings per share; Factors behind poor performance.
- Fraser posts loss, plans shutterings. Fallon, James // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/2/1996, Vol. 172 Issue 64, p17
Reports on British department store chain House of Fraser PLC's plans to close several retail units after posting after-tax losses in the first half of 1996. Increase in sales for the six months ended July 27, 1996; Problems with the women's wear unit; Decline in gross margins.
- House of Fraser plans $79.9M restructuring. Fallon, James // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/28/1997, Vol. 173 Issue 18, p6
Reports on the restructuring plan of House of Fraser PLC that will cost up to $79.9M. Employee layoffs; Sale of three stores; Stock writedowns and costs; Restructuring program's aim of improving the company's operating efficiency and trading performance.
- Profits halved at HoF. // Housewares;May/Jun96, Issue 127, p5
Reports on the financial performance of House of Fraser department store chain in Great Britain. Plans for store closures; Profits; Concession sales.
- Marks & Spencer ends reign in Spain. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;11/9/2001, Issue 5263, p5
Reports the stocks update of furniture industry in Great Britain as of November 5, 2001. Sell out of Marks and Spencer stores in Spain; Details on the sales performance of Argos; Increase in the balance of share in Airsprung manufacturer.
- Essex, Ashley and Sears hit new lows. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;11/28/97, Issue 5066, p7
Opinion. Discusses developments concerning the market performances of furniture industry players' stocks in Great Britain as of November 24, 1997. Background on the movement of three of the worst performers in the market; Share movements of retailers, manufacturers and suppliers.