Local loop is in knots
- Tony Blair's highway. // Nature;10/12/1995, Vol. 377 Issue 6549, p464
Opinion. Comments on the deal forged by British Labour Party leader Tony Blair with British Telecom under which the company will make no charge for connecting all schools, colleges, public libraries, and hospitals in Great Britain. Commercial and constitutional objections to the deal;...
- Dielectrics. Coyne, Pat // New Statesman & Society;10/13/95, Vol. 8 Issue 374, p25
Focuses on British Labour Party leader Tony Blair's proposal to expand British Telecommunications' operating license in exchange for the company's agreement to provide free Internet connection to hospitals, libraries and schools in Great Britain. Problems with Blair's proposal; Losses in...
- British Telecom expands horizons to Slovak IP market. Holt, Ed // Slovak Spectator;01/29/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p6
Focuses on the entry of British Telecom (BT) into the Slovak Internet Protocol (IP) market. Factor that contributed to the success of BT in the IP business; Launch of BT Slovakia; Comments from analyst on the entry of BT into the IP market.
- BT Openworld... Dwek, Robert // Marketing Week;3/29/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p15
Reports on BT Openworld's refusal to comment on press speculation that the standalone Internet arm created by British Telecommunications (BT) will be scrapped and subsumed within BT's main retail business.
- Your Letters. Shaw, Dave; Pearson, Dick // Micro Mart;10/8/2015, Issue 1383, p53
Several letters to the editor in response to the article related to internet service of telecommunication firm British Telecom (BT) and system features update, published in a previous issue of 2015, is presented.
- BT team gets down to e-business. // Marketing Week;10/8/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 32, p8
Reports that BT has set up a new team in 1998 within its Great Britain's product and solutions division to deal exclusively with electronic business. Appointment of Eric Guilloteau as general manager of electronic commerce marketing; Comments from Neil Mellor, head of electronic commerce...
- The vultures circle. Banyard, Peter // Credit Management;May2001, p27
Focuses on issues related to credit ratings. Insights on distressed debt; Impact of the decline of electronic commerce industry on distressed debt; Problems encountered by British Telecom.
- Toll-free offer will net more online shoppers. Daum, Adam // Marketing Week;11/18/1999, Vol. 22 Issue 42, p22
Points out the detrimental effect of imposing call charges on electronic commerce. Boost in number of online users through subscription-free Internet access; Discouragement of users from exploring the Internet; Reaction to British Telecom's Internet call charges.
- Need to Know. // Computer Bulletin;Sep1999, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p14
The article offers news briefs related to information technology in Great Britain. Prime Minister Tony Blair has appointed Patricia Hewitt as the first e-minister for the Electronic Communications Bill. British Telecom PLC will offer fast communications services over existing local lines using...