Legal sanctions will back minimum wage
- Minimum wage pushes higher, controversy grows louder. Francis, David R. // Christian Science Monitor;7/20/98, Vol. 90 Issue 164, pB8
Discusses the controversy over the minimum wage in the United States as of July 1998. Senator Edward Kennedy to propose another increase in the minimum wage in late July; Views of both sides; What both sides agree on; Brief mention of results from an Economic Policy Institute study.
- Mass. Senate passes minimum-wage increase. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/2/95, Vol. 29 Issue 39, p58
Reports that the Massachusetts Senate has passed a measure that would raise minimum wage by one dollar over the next two years.
- Minimum wage age change will cost employers Â£48m. // Employers Law;Sep2010, p5
The article reports on the impact assessment conducted by the British government regarding the New Minimum Wage on age and rate which it claims will cost businesses 48.2 million British pounds per year.
- Market works on minimum wage. Harlton, Tom // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/30/95, Vol. 15 Issue 45, p6A
Editorial. Compares the opinion of partisans on President Bill Clinton's proposal to increase the minimum wage rate in the United States. Government's opinion on the resilience of employment level to wage rate increases; Contrasting findings from other authoritative studies; Pragmatic opinion...
- Clinton proposes 90-cent increase in minimum wage. // HR Magazine;Mar95, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p4
Reports on United States President Bill Clinton's proposal of a 90-cent raise in the federal $4.25-an-hour minimum wage. Details of the Clinton proposal; Number of workers affected by the raise; Minimum wage increase proposals by individual states.
- Real-life stakes of boosting America's minimum wage. Tyson, Ann Scott // Christian Science Monitor;11/8/99, Vol. 91 Issue 240, p2
Concentrates on the efforts of the United States Congress to raise the minimum wage in the United States and how much the increase would affect workers.
- Minimum Wage Board faces the ax. Ruiz-Calderon, Maricelle // Caribbean Business;4/2/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p2
Reports that on April 7, 1998, the commonwealth House of Representatives is expected to hold public hearings on a bill to eliminate the Minium Wage Board. Role of the Minimum Wage Board; Impact of the measure being approved; Comments by Epifanio Jimenez Jr, chairman of the House's Labor &...
- Stick to the bare minimum. Melville-Ross, Tim // Director;Dec1997, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p4
Opinion. Presents the author's view on the British government's introduction of minimum wage. Effect of the introduction of minimum wage to employers and companies; Disadvantages of minimum wage which was set too high; Advantages of introducing the minimum wage at a low level.
- Burger-flipper bonanza. Mulawka, Brian // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;07/06/98, Vol. 25 Issue 29, p10
Reports that Alberta plans to raise its minimum wage to $5.90 per hour. Implementation of the wage hike; Concerns about its impact on businesses; Views of Labor Minister Murray Smith; Minimum-wage earners in the Alberta workforce; Criticisms of the raise.