- Gore's team gears up. Simendinger, Alexis // National Journal;5/31/97, Vol. 29 Issue 22, p1094
Highlights the preparation of the United States Vice President Al Gore's staff for the presidential campaign in 2000. Defenses for Gore's reputation; Questions on political instincts; Consequences of the fund-raiser event in Los Angeles; Decrease in poll ratings surveys; Influence of Gore's...
- Making an 11th-hour push. Merrion, Paul // Crain's Chicago Business;11/06/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 46, p4
Focuses on Vice President Al Gore's campaign on six black-oriented radio stations in the United States. Candidate appearances and advertising of Gore in Illinois; Predictions of poor turnout.
- This just in: Chad concedes, earns sainthood. // Christian Century;12/20/2000, Vol. 117 Issue 36, p1331
Relates the story of Saint Chad of England. Background of Saint Chad's religious service; How Saint Chad is remembered in Birmingham, Alabama; Similarities of Saint Chad's concession with United States (U.S.) presidential candidate Al Gore's decision to concede to rival candidate George W. Bush...
- Goodbye, Mr. Chads. Grossberger, Lewis // MediaWeek;11/27/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 46, p50
Presents a hypothetical concession speech for United States Vice President Al Gore in relation to the November 2000 presidential elections. Overview of the controversy surrounding the elections.
- CAMPAIGN PLEDGE DRIVE: WEEK THREE. August, Melissa; Burke, Greg; Castronovo, Val; Cooper, Matthew; Fonda, Daren; Nugent, Benjamin; Rawe, Julie; Rosenblatt, John; Tyrangiel, Josh; Wolfe, Alexandra // Time;6/26/2000, Vol. 155 Issue 26, p21
Focuses on pledges made by Texas Governor George W. Bush and United States Vice President Al Gore in the 2000 presidential campaign. Promise by Gore to eliminate the national debt and conquer HIV; Pledge by Bush to provide cash for the disabled; Prediction that there will be at least 100...
- What If Presidents Were Elected by Popular Vote? Lambro, Donald // Human Events;12/01/2000, Vol. 56 Issue 44, p18
Looks at the consequences if presidents in the United States (U.S.) were elected by popular vote in relation to the ballot dispute in Florida for the results of the 2000 U.S. presidential election. Lead of presidential candidate Al Gore in the popular vote; How lawyers will respond if the...
- More Straight Talk, Gore-Style. Nowacki, John // Human Events;12/15/2000, Vol. 56 Issue 46, p7
Comments on presidential candidate and United States vice president, Al Gore, and his argument in the Florida vote count in December 2000. Gore's mantra in the Florida vote count; Information on the Seminole County case; Gore's reaction to the Seminole County case.
- Gore Caused Post-Election Discord. Limbaugh, David // Human Events;12/22/2000, Vol. 56 Issue 47, p10
Criticizes the vote recount initiatives made by United States presidential candidate Al Gore in the 2000 elections. Benefits received by Gore during the elections; Information on the vote tabulation during the elections.
- TIME IS RUNNING OUT FOR GORE. Schneider, William // National Journal;12/09/2000, Vol. 32 Issue 50, p3850
Looks at the time pressure put on United States (U.S.) presidential candidate Al Gore to prove that he won the state of Florida in the 2000 election via the recounting of ballots. Public opinion on the importance of the accurate vote; Reasons many people in the U.S. believed that George W. Bush,...