New Jersey Transit Readies for $550 Million Light-Rail Grant Securitization
- Figuring super-turnkey risk. Korman, Richard // ENR: Engineering News-Record;7/31/95, Vol. 235 Issue 5, p19
Reports that teams vying to build a 20-mile light-rail line through two New Jersey counties are sizing up the unusual privatization plan being developed by New Jersey Transit. Deadline for requests for qualifications; Performance of a `super-turnkey' design-build-procure-operate-maintain...
- Teams dream of riding rail. Korman, Richard // ENR: Engineering News-Record;8/21/95, Vol. 235 Issue 8, p17
Reports on the submission by five teams of proposals to develop New Jersey Transit's Hudson-Bergen light-rail project. Features of the project; Features of the contract for the project; Major companies that teamed to offer bids.
- N.J. Transit moves ahead with light-rail plans. Rannazzisi, Julie // Bond Buyer;09/12/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30229, p2
Reports on New Jersey Transit Corp.'s construction of a light-rail system that will connect Camden to Trenton in New Jersey. Total cost of the proposed project; Funding from the state of New Jersey.
- Light rail project goes `super-turnkey'. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/31/94, Vol. 233 Issue 18, p15
Reports on the New Jersey Transit's decision to turn a light rail project into a `super-turnkey' to expedite its construction. Reaction to turnkey scheme; Procurement of funding for preliminary design; Allocation for project for fiscal 1995.
- Privatization Put This Train on the Fast Track. Thomas, Myra A. // Business News New Jersey;12/12/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 50, p20
Focuses on the decision of NJ Transit to privatize the construction of its Hudson-Bergen light rail transit project in New Jersey. Phases of the project; Investments made for the project.
- Goodbye, PCC. Hello, LRV. Vantuono, William C. // Railway Age;Aug2001, Vol. 202 Issue 8, p52
Reports on the replacement of New Jersey Transit's Presidential Conference Committee (PCC) cars by light rail vehicles (LRV). Information on the Newark City Subway Revitalization/Modernization Program of the transit operator; Reason for replacing PCC cars; Description of the LRV.
- For New Jersey, `super-turnkey' light rail transit. // Railway Age;Sep96, Vol. 197 Issue 9, p48
Reports on New Jersey Transit's Office of Rail Construction's awarding of a super-turnkey project to a consortium led by Raytheon Infrastructure Services for the Initial Operating Segment (IOS) of the Hudson-Bergen Light Rail Transit System (HBLRTS). Final design and construction costs of...
- Frank M. Russo on the progress of the Southern New Jersey... // Business News New Jersey;11/17/97, Vol. 10 Issue 40, p17
Interviews Frank M. Russo, senior director of the new rail construction for the Southern New Jersey Transit. Communities to be serviced by the proposed Southern New Jersey Light Rail Transit System; Expected number of riders; Major stops and connections; Estimated cost of the project.
- Software speeds light rail design. // Design News;1/17/2000, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p39
Reports that Kinki Sharyo Co. Ltd. has designed a light rail vehicle (LRV) for New Jersey Transit (NJT), using a pile-up method and CSA/NASTRAN computer simulation from Computerized Structural Analysis and Research Corp. Details on the pile-up method; Overview of the design and construction of...