Weary of Dry Topics, Oklahoma Lawmakers Urge Special Session
- Message from the Governor: The fire service in Oklahoma City. Keating, Frank // Fire Engineering;Oct95, Vol. 148 Issue 10, p9
Presents Oklahoma Governor Frank Keating's message regarding the fire service during the bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma on April 19, 1995. Bravery of the city's firefighters; Vital role of training and preparation among firefighters; Collaboration...
- ABA Taps Former Oklahoma Gov. Frank Keating as New CEO. // Illinois Banker;Jan2011, Vol. 96 Issue 1, p26
The article mentions the appointment of former of Gov. Frank Keating of Oklahoma as the new president of the American Bankers Association (ABA).
- Oklahoma's Bond Program Takes Step Ahead, But Challenges Persist. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;9/30/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31481, p4
Reports the efforts of Governor Frank Keating to acquire back the bond program in Oklahoma. Declaration of the Legislative Bond Oversight Commission as unconstitutional; Request for a review on the grant anticipation revenue vehicle issue by Keating; Officers of the commission.
- Shortfall Stay. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;12/3/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31524, p31
Reports that Oklahoma Governor Frank Keating in a one-day special session on last week of November 2002 made a request to the Board of Pardons and Paroles to issue commutations for nonviolent offenders in order to reduce the state's budget. Suggestions made by Keating on the budget shortfall;...
- First Glance. // Credit Union Times;3/16/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p4
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses various reports published within the issue including one on CARD Act of the credit union which offers credit cards to university students, one on the approach of Frank Keating of the American Bankers Association for the...
- The Epilepsy Foundation Salutes the ABA's Frank Keating. // Illinois Banker;Apr2011, Vol. 96 Issue 4, p24
The article announces that Frank Keating, former Oklahoma governor and president and chief execiutive officer (CEO) of the American Bankers Association (ABA), has received the 2011 Distinguished Achievement Award. from the Epilepsy Foundation.
- Why I Support Capital Punishment. Keating, Frank // Human Events;05/19/2000, Vol. 56 Issue 18, p1
Explains why Oklahoma Governor Frank Keating support capital punishment. Death penalty statute of Oklahoma; Campaign against death penalty; Reality of capital punishment.
- Oklahoma Governor, Lawmakers Have Different Agendas. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;06/26/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30920, p3
Reports that Oklahoma Governor Frank Keating and state lawmakers have different legislative agendas. Keating's plan to discuss workers' compensation and vehicle registration tags; Lawmakers' plan to focus on capital improvements, drunk-driving laws and a tobacco settlement trust fund;...
- Oklahoma oil crisis prompts special legislative session. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;01/07/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30553, p4
Reports that Oklahoma Governor Frank Keating called a special legislative session to discuss safeguards against the effects of the oil crisis. Industry sectors that have posted revenue growth in 1998; Proposed creation of a three-pronged gross production tax system; Fiscal performance of the...