Evaluation of Knee Stability with Use of a Robotic System
- `Acrobot' capable of delicate knee surgery. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;06/15/97, Vol. 156 Issue 12, p1690
Reports on the London Imperial College of Science of Technology and Medicine's development of the `Acrobot' which can help surgeons in performing delicate knee operations. Mechanism and testing of the Acrobot at London's Guy Hospital.
- ACL mismatch reconstructions: influence of different tunnel placement strategies in single-bundle ACL reconstructions on the knee kinematics. Herbort, Mirco; Lenschow, Simon; Fu, Freddie H.; Petersen, Wolf; Zantop, Thore // Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy;Nov2010, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p1551
To evaluate the influence of tibial and femoral tunnel position in ACL reconstruction on knee kinematics, we compared ACL reconstruction with a tibial and femoral tunnel in anteromedial (AM-AM reconstruction) and in posterolateral footprint (PL-PL reconstruction) with a reconstruction technique...
- Dynamic biomechanical model for assessing and monitoring robot-assisted upper-limb therapy. Abdullah, Hussein A.; Tarry, Cole; Datta, Rahul; Mittal, Gauri S.; Abderrahim, Mohamed // Journal of Rehabilitation Research & Development;2007, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p43
This article describes the design, validation, and application of a dynamic biomechanical model that assesses and monitors trajectory, position, orientation, force, and torque generated by upper-limb (UL) movement during robot-assisted therapy. The model consists of two links that represent the...
- An accelerated rehab program after knee surgery improves recovery. // Modern Medicine;May97, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p19
Reports on the study by K. Donald Shelbourne, which shows the effectiveness of an accelerated rehabilitation program after knee surgery. Findings on the strength of anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) grafts; Evaluation of patients' return to normal activities, strength and pre-operative conditioning.
- Knee rehab: Easy does it. Collado, Angelo B. // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Jan97, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p188
Presents a discussion on rehabilitation after anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstructive surgery. Condition of the transplanted ACL at the beginning; Proper time for starting a weight-training program; Best exercises.
- Modelado y SimulaciÃ³n de un Robot TerapÃ©utico para la RehabilitaciÃ³n de Miembros Inferiores. Humberto Guzmán Valdivia, César; Blanco Ortega, Andrés; Antonio Oliver Salazar, Marco; Ramón Azcaray Rivera, Héctor // Biomedical Engineering Journal / Revista IngenierÃa BiomÃ©dica;jul-dic2013, Vol. 7 Issue 14, p42
Rehabilitation in a general sense aims to reinstate a person to their activities of daily living. Currently, a patient that requires a rehabilitation suffers long waits for treatment due to lack of staff in clinics and hospitals. An alternative to assist medical staff in rehabilitation therapies...
- Bilateral assessment of functional tasks for robot-assisted therapy applications. Johnson, Michelle; Wang, Sarah; Bai, Ping; Strachota, Elaine; Tchekanov, Guennady; Melbye, Jeff; McGuire, John // Medical & Biological Engineering & Computing;Oct2011, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p1157
This article presents a novel evaluation system along with methods to evaluate bilateral coordination of arm function on activities of daily living tasks before and after robot-assisted therapy. An affordable bilateral assessment system (BiAS) consisting of two mini-passive measuring units...
- Anatomical double-bundle MPFL reconstruction with an aperture fixation. Schöttle, Philip B.; Hensler, Daniel; Imhoff, Andreas B. // Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy;Feb2010, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p147
Since biomechanical studies have shown that the medial patellofemoral ligament (MPFL) is the main restraint against lateral patella displacement, reconstruction of the MPFL has become an accepted method of restoring patellofemoral stability and numerous techniques were described. Due to...
- Strong correlation between the morphology of the proximal femur and the geometry of the distal femoral trochlea. Wright, Samantha; Miles, Anthony; Boymans, Tim; Grimm, Bernd; Kessler, Oliver // Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy;Dec2014, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p2900
Purpose: Previous investigations suggested that the geometry of the proximal femur may be related to osteoarthritis of the tibiofemoral joint and various patellofemoral joint conditions. This study aims to investigate the correlation between proximal and distal femoral geometry. Such a...