Section I: Setting the Stage
- Directions for Future Research. Pearle, Andrew D. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Feb2009 Supplement 1, Vol. 91-A Issue S1, p159
Information about several papers discussed at a symposium sponsored by the American Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons on imaging and computer-assisted surgery of the knee and hip research topics is presented. Topics include the clinical impact of computer-assisted surgery, integration of...
- AEEF to fund poster audios at 2012 AAOS Annual Meeting. Emberton, Bonnie // AAOS Now;Dec2011, Vol. 5 Issue 12, p53
The article reports on the funding of the audio enhancement of the poster presentations at the 2012 American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) Annual Meeting by the AAOS Education Enhancement Fund (AEEF). It notes that AEEF has been designed to help provide orthopaedic surgeons with the...
- Patients' attitudes in clinical trials. White, Adrian // Acupuncture in Medicine;Sep2011, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p238
The article presents a commentary of the article "How the Psychosocial Context of Clinical Trials Differs From Usual Care: A Qualitative Study of Acupuncture Patients" by F. Barlow, C. Scott and B. Coghlan.
- Increased emphasis on exercise for osteoarthritis. // Mayo Clinic Health Letter;Jul2012, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p4
The article discusses revised treatment guidelines released by American College of Rheumatology (ACR) which stresses the importance of exercise for osteoarthritis.
- Australian GP management of osteoarthritis following the release of the RACGP guideline for the non-surgical management of hip and knee osteoarthritis. Basedow, Martin; Williams, Helena; Shanahan, E. Michael; Runciman, William B.; Esterman, Adrian // BMC Research Notes;10/6/2015, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p1
Background: Osteoarthritis (OA) is a highly disabling and costly condition with an escalating prevalence in Australia due to the ageing and increasing obesity of the population. The general practitioner (GP) plays a central role in the management of this condition. The aim of this study was to...
- Activity Increase Despite Arthritis [AÃDA]: phase II randomised controLLed trial of an active management booklet for hip and knee osteoarthritis in primary care. Amoakwa, Elvis; Belcher, John; Edwards, Rhiannon T; Hassani, Hossein; Hendry, Maggie; Burton, Kim; Lewis, Ruth; Hood, Kerenza; Jones, Jeremy; Bennett, Paul; Linck, Pat; Neal, Richard D; Wilkinson, Clare; Williams, Nefyn H // British Journal of General Practice;Aug2011, Vol. 61 Issue 589, p498
The article discusses a study of the feasibility of conducting a larger definitive randomised controlled trial (RCT) of the booklet "The Hip & Knee Book: Helping You Cope With Osteoarthritis." The study involved individuals more than 50 years of age with hip or knee osteoarthritis in North East...
- AAOS Member Census Underway. Natividad, Hazel // AAOS Now;Aug2012, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p49
The article presents results of the census of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) census of its emeritus members and fellows.
- MOC Deadline Reminder. // AAOS Now;Feb2013, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p14
The article informs that members of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) who plan to take the Maintenance of Certification (MOC) examination of American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery (ABOS) in 2014 can check the ABOS website for the application, whose deadline is May 1, 2013.
- AUCs in Development. // AAOS Now;Feb2013, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p43
The article discusses three Appropriate Use Criteria (AUC) on which the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) is currently working and which includes Treatment of Distal Radius Fractures (DRF), Optimizing the Treatment of Rotator Cuff Problems (RC) and Nonsurgical Treatment of...