Fitch Report Warns Triple-B Hospitals
- Corrections. // Crain's Detroit Business;5/11/2015, Vol. 31 Issue 19, p0002
A correction to an article about the annual investment of St. John Macomb-Oakland Hospital in Macomb County, Michigan, that was published in the May 4, 2015 issue is presented.
- County Hospital tab goes up. Klein, Sarah A. // Crain's Chicago Business;10/16/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p1
Reports on the additional investment of 90 million dollars in Cook County Hospital in Chicago, Illinois. Total cost of the construction of the hospital; Use of the money to purchase high-tech machines and other state-of-the-art medical technology.
- Deals Unlikely to Slow as Hospitals Get Out of Troubled Securities. Bush, Haydn // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Jun2008, Vol. 82 Issue 6, p12
The article reports on the efforts of U.S. hospitals to find other sources of capital to replace auction-rate securities. While most health systems with high credit ratings got out of the troubled auction-rate securities market in the spring, those with lower credit ratings or less cash on hand...
- Editorial. Kaufman, Audrey // Frontiers of Health Services Management;Winter2004, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p1
Presents an introduction to articles related to capital expenditures in hospitals that appear in the December 2004 issue of the journal "Frontiers of Health Services Management."
- Hospitals examining for-profit investments. Sisson, Mary // Crain's New York Business;04/30/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 18, p22
Reports on the efforts of New York City hospitals to boost revenue by examining for-profit investments. Possible venture capital investments; Medicare rules.
- CON Debate Heating Up In Lansing. Sanchez, Mark // Grand Rapids Business Journal;10/21/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 42, p6
Focuses on plans to reform state regulations governing capital investments and clinical services by hospitals and health care providers in Michigan. Certificate of needs regulations; Equipment purchases.
- Think tank points to positive signs. Higley, Jeff // Hotel & Motel Management;11/18/2002, Vol. 217 Issue 20, p1
Focuses on the status of the hospitality industry in the U.S. Projected recovery of the sector; Pros and cons with the heightened capital flow; Impetus to the disappearance of credit enhancement.
- Two Golden Opportunities. Rushmore, Stephen // Lodging Hospitality;Oct98, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p14
Presents an advice investment column, highlighting two opportunities to make a significant amount of money in hotel investing. Identification of the two opportunities; Long-term future risks in the hotel industry; Benefit of investing in a large convention hotel.
- 2011 Calendar OF EVENTS. // Lodging Hospitality;12/1/2010, Vol. 66 Issue 15, p12
A calendar of international events related to the hotel industry from January 12-November 15, 2011 is presented which includes the Hotel Investment Forum in India, Food Trends in Boutique & Lifestyle Hotels Conference in San Francisco, California, and National Society of Minorities in...