- BUDDY UP FOR A LAUGH. // Shape;May2009, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p35
The article discusses the results of a study, published in the journal "Science," which indicated that happiness is communicable. Seeing a cheerful neighbor regularly was found to improve one's chances of happiness by some 25%. James Fowler, one of the study's co-authors, is quoted discussing...
- A month in paradise. Norden, E. // American Spectator;Apr92, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p32
Argues against political correctness (PC) using the example of a visit to the University of California, San Diego. Its founder Roger Revelle; `Oxbridge' on the Pacific; Its large proportion of Asian-American undergraduates; Various vignettes of campus life.
- U.C. San Diego `eliminates the negatives' to improve service, completes remodel. // Nation's Restaurant News;6/24/96, Vol. 30 Issue 25, p16
Reports on the near-competition of the food service plan for the University of California in San Diego. Opening of the Plaza Cafe by Dining Services director Brian Klippel; Negative study made to improve the university's food services.
- NAFTA-minded forum. Crabtree, Penni // San Diego Business Journal;8/30/93, Vol. 14 Issue 35, p14
Reports on the first North American Business Forum by the Center for U.S. Mexican Studies on October 1993 of the University of California, San Diego. Comment by Deborah Tuerk, event's coordinator on the hosting by San Diego, California; Invited guest speakers; Contact information.
- UCSD `Spin offs' mean big business benefits. Vezina, Meredith R. // San Diego Business Journal;10/24/94, Vol. 15 Issue 43, p1
Focuses on the University of California San Diego's (UCSD) economic impact on the community. UCSD as the third-largest employer of faculty, researchers and staff in San Diego, California; UCSD as one of the top research institutions in the United States; Funding for the construction of...
- UCSD dedicates fusion labb amid troubling times. Wells, Ken R. // San Diego Business Journal;6/03/96, Vol. 17 Issue 23, p1
No abstract available.
- UCSD earnings pass $1.1b in '95. // San Diego Business Journal;2/26/96, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p14
Reports that the University of California in San Diego (UCSD) reached $1.1 billion in revenue for 1995. UCSD's expenditure; Annual payroll of UCSD.
- UCSD Launches Pacific Rim Digital Library Alliance. // Information Today;Dec1997, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p50
Presents information on the formation of a consortium of 12 prestigious academic libraries by the University of California-San Diego (UCSD) in the Pacific Rim. Purpose of the formation; Comments from Gerald R. Lowell, associate vice chancellor for academic information technology at UCSD;...
- UCSD fear loss of fix-up funds for Bonner Hall. Sutherland, Billie // San Diego Business Journal;5/8/95, Vol. 16 Issue 19, p4
No abstract available.