GENERAL ELECTRIC: AN OUTLIER IN CEO TALENT DEVELOPMENT
- Why Welch Wins. Kennedy, Carol // Director (00123242);Jan2002, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p45
Profiles Jack Welch, former chief executive of General Electric. His leadership style; Views on the challenges facing business leaders; Recommendations for leaders who are planning to introduce major change.
- Charles Coffin built the stage on which they all played. // Fortune International (Europe);8/11/2003, Vol. 148 Issue 3, p71
Most people have never heard of Charles Coffin--and that's the ultimate testimony to his greatness. His predecessor had something to do with this. No CEO finds it easy to take over from a founding entrepreneur; now imagine that founder holds patents on the electric light, the phonograph, the...
- the stunted vocation: The Stunted Vocation: An Analysis of Jack Welch's Vision of Business Leadership. Thompson, Phillip M. // Review of Business;Winter2004, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p45
Jack Welch, the former CEO of General Electric, is often used as a model of business leadership. Welch's excessive focus on immediate business objectives prevented him from leading through a broader and more humane moral horizon. According to the more comprehensive and compelling moral vision of...
- Welch is on Target. // Quality;Mar2005, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p8
Assesses the corporate leadership of former General Electric Co. (GE) chief executive officer (CEO), Jack Welch. Factors that influenced Welch's leadership performance during his time at GE; Welch's views about Six Sigma; Reasons why the former GE CEO is controversial.
- Top 10 Leadership Tips From Jeff Immelt. // Fast Company;Apr2004, Issue 81, p96
Presents an interview with General Electric CEO Jeff Immelt about leadership. Factors that marked the end of an era of individual freedom and the beginning of personal responsibility; Importance of alignment and time management; Role of leaders.
- HOW TO BE A GOOD LEADER. Welch, Jack; Welch, Suzy // Bulletin with Newsweek;4/5/2005, Vol. 123 Issue 6464, p39
The article presents information on the qualities of leader as described by Jack Welch former chief executive of General Electric Corp. Leadership requires distinct behaviors and attitudes, and for many people, they debut with the job. Before one become a leader, success is all about growing...
- Going Glocal. Pande, Shamni // Business Today;5/1/2008, p132
The article offers information on the professional life of Tejpreet S. Chopra, president and chief executive officer of General Electric Co. (GE) in India. Chopra is dedicated with developing and nurturing the next generation of leadership talent for GE. It mentions the influence of Chopra's...
- �Solo durante la crisis valent�a y confianza? Car�cter y mentalidad, el camino de la excelencia para hoy y ma�ana. HERRERO, AINOA // Capital Humano;Mar2009, Vol. 22 Issue 230, p108
The article presents observations by Jeffrey Immelt, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of corporate conglomerate General Electric Company (GE), on how to lead in business. According to Immelt, the collapse of energy distribution company Enron marked the end of an era of individualism in business...
- DATE IN QUALITY HISTORY. // Quality Progress;Nov2008, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p16
The article profiles Jack Welch, a former chairman and CEO of General Electric (GE) and now an author, columnist and speaker, who was born on November 19, 1935. It states that Welch is popular for his innovative management strategies and leadership style. He has embraced Motorola's Six Sigma...