Pediatric Obesity in Acute and Critical Care
- PAEDIATRIC EARLY WARNING SYSTEM (PEW)--A MODEL FOR IMPROVED RECOGNITION AND MANAGEMENT OF THE CRITICALLY ILL. // Archives of Disease in Childhood;Apr2003 Supplement, Vol. 88, pA30
Presents an abstract of the study 'Paediatric Early Warning System (PEW)--A Model for Improved Recognition and Management of the Critically Ill,' by S. Ferguson, M. Stark and J. Madar, presented at the 7th Spring Meeting of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health.
- CLINICAL ABSTRACTS: pediatrics. // Modern Medicine;Jan2000, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p49
Presents clinical abstracts on pediatrics studies in the United States. Incidence of hospitalizations due to bronchiolitis; Prevention of childhood obesity.
- Childhood obesity: a public health threat. Laing, Peter // Paediatric Nursing;Dec2002, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p14
Focuses on the profile of childhood obesity among nurses caring for children and young people in any setting. Strategies for both preventing and treating childhood obesity; Health risks of childhood obesity; Aetiology of childhood obesity; Factors in childhood obesity.
- Racial Differences in the Lipid Profiles of Obese Children and Adolescents Before and After Significant Weight Loss. Brown, R.; Sothern, M.; Suskind, R.; Udall, J.; Blecker, U. // Clinical Pediatrics;Jul2000, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p427
Provides information on a study which observed racial differences in the lipid profiles of obese children and adolescents before and after significant weight loss. Materials and methods of the study; Results; Discussion of findings; Conclusion.
- Obesity set early. Carey, Dorothy // Nutridate;Mar2002, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p8
Presents information on a research conducted by the American Academy of Pediatrics concerning the occurrence of obesity in babies.
- A diet in time nips waistline. Asch, Kim // Insight on the News;02/23/98, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p44
Focuses on child obesity in the United States, highlighting how parents can help their child control their weight gain. Comments from Susan Baker, chairwoman of the American Academy of Pediatrics' committee on nutrition; Information on child obesity in the United States; Problems child obesity...
- OUTPATIENT-BASED PAEDIATRIC OBESITY INTERVENTION CLINIC. // Archives of Disease in Childhood;Apr2003 Supplement, Vol. 88, pA66
Presents an abstract of the study 'Outpatient-Based Paediatric Obesity Intervention Clinic--Simple Advice and Support Are Associated With Significant Reductions in Weight in the First Year,' by M.A. Sabin, E.C. Crowne and J.P.H. Shield, presented at the 7th Spring Meeting of the Royal College of...
- EYE ON washington. Report: Obesity interventions falling short. FOXHALL, KATHRYN // Contemporary Pediatrics;Nov2015, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p9
The article reports that obesity interventions by pediatricians are falling short according to a pediatric researcher at an Academy of Medicine panel in October 2015. Topics covered include the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) report, pediatricians' role in obesity prevention, and the use of...
- The effects of obesity on pulmonary function. Li, A.M.; Chan, D.; Wong, E.; Yin, J.; Nelson, E.A.S.; Fok, T.F. // Archives of Disease in Childhood;Apr2003, Vol. 88 Issue 4, p361
Determines the predominant pulmonary function abnormality in a population of obese children. Correlation between the severity of lung function impairment and the degree of obesity as assessed by dual energy x-ray absorptiometry; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on...