Beacon Award Units
- Beacon Award Spotlights Excellent Units. // Critical Care Nurse;Feb2008 Supplement, Vol. 28, p40
This article discusses the commitment of the Beacon Award for Critical Care Excellence of the American Association of Critical Care Nurses. According to the article, the award recognizes individual critical care units as well as progressive care units that meet high-quality standards. It gives...
- American Thoracic Society Intl Conference: Use of in-hospital mortality to assess ICU performance may bias quality measurement. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;5/25/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article offers information on a study which reveals that the use of in-hospital mortality as a method to assess quality of ICU care creates biasness.
- NutriciÃ³n de calidad para el enfermo crÃtico. Santana-Cabrera, L.; Lorenzo-Torrent, R.; Sánchez-Palacios, M. // Nutricion Hospitalaria;nov/dic2010, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p1061
No abstract available.
- AACN creates new tele-ICU guidelines. // Healthcare Traveler;Apr2013, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p7
No abstract available.
- Cutting to the Bone. // National Nurse;Jun2011, Vol. 107 Issue 5, p10
The article focuses on the effort of nurses to fight closures of critical units by hospitals in the U.S. According to the National Nurses United (NNU), the most popular units for the chopping block include psychiatric, skilled nursing, acute rehabilitation and home care. It highlights the move...
- The Nordic ICU Nursing Research Network. Egerod, Ingrid // CONNECT: The World of Critical Care Nursing;2011, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p29
The article focuses on the establishment and activities of the Nordic Association for Intensive Care Nursing Research (NOFI). It states that NOFI was established in 2004, which aims to support and develop researches on intensive care nursing in the Nordic countries. It adds that NOFI holds...
- CATEGORY: HEALTH-CARE FACILITY OF THE YEAR. // Business Journal (Central New York);10/18/2013, Vol. 27 Issue 42, p25
The article profiles the Walter R.G. Baker Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (ICU), a part of the Regional Perinatal Cener at Crouse Hospital, which has received the Health-Care Facility of the Year award from Bankers Healthcare Group (BHG).
- Response teams prevent deaths. Finnell, Shari // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/12/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 1, Special Section p19
The article features nurse Pamela Claycomb, director of the Intensive Care Unit at Saint Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis, Indiana and finalist in the non-physician category of the Indianapolis Business Journal's 2007 Health Care Heroes awards program. Claycomb has developed a rapid response...
- An overview on the history and concept of care pathways as complex interventions. Vanhaecht, Kris; Panella, Massimiliano; van Zelm, Ruben; Sermeus, Walter // International Journal of Care Pathways;Sep2010, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p117
Care pathways, also known as clinical pathways, critical pathways or integrated care pathways, are used all over the world. Although they are used internationally, there are still a large number of misunderstandings. The goal of this paper is to provide an overview on the history of pathways and...