Solar Power Partners Snags $160M
- JinkoSolar Q3 Earnings Shine. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;11/19/2013, pA01
- CIC Buys into New Energy. // China Chemical Reporter;12/16/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 35, p8
The article reports on the share placement plan between China Investment Corp. (CIC) and GCL-Poly Energy Holdings Ltd. in which CIC will purchase 20 percent of GCL-Poly's shares for HK$ 5.5 billion in China. It notes that the agreement is still unfinished and once completed, CIC will become the...
- UP seeks private investment. // Power Watch India;May2013, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p8
The article reports on the plan of the Uttar Pradesh government in India to attract private investment in the solar power generation sector by offering tariff to those willing to establish plants between May 2013 and June 2014.
- Huge Solar Plant Isn't Getting Results. // Laboratory Equipment;Dec2014, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p3
The article reports on the failure of the Ivanpah Solar Electric Generating System, a solar power plant that opened near the California-Nevada border in February 2014, to produce the operators' expected annual output.
- MP aims to quintuple solar power generation in next 2 years. // FRPT- Energy Snapshot;8/31/2015, p26
The article informs that Madhya Pradesh, India would enhance and improve its solar power generation capacity.
- United States : SOLAR CITY secures a financing round of $201.5 million. // TendersInfo News;8/4/2014, p1
The article reports on the venture capital financing launched by solar technology company Solar City that secured 201.5 million dollars. Topics discussed include the company's issuance of notes secured by and payable from the cash flow generated by a pool of photovoltaic systems, the allocation...
- NRG Raises Bet On Distributed Solar Market With Acquisition. // Energy Daily;12/2/2011, Issue 230, p6
The article reports that NRG Energy Inc. has acquired Solar Power Partners of San Francisco, California, an acquisition that gave NRG a foothold in the distributed solar market in California, Hawaii, Arizona and six other North American states. NRG has invested in some of the U.S.'s largest...
- Sun in the Forecast. Check, Erika // Newsweek;4/15/2002, Vol. 139 Issue 15, p32R
Describes a solar power plant in the Mojave Desert that supplies electricity to southern California. How the plant is comprised of five Solar Electric Generating Systems; Indication that an international consortium, including the Spanish company Gher and Saint Gobain of France, will begin...
- India's Welspun Energy completes 19MW solar plant. // Energy Today (Hungary);5/15/2014, p2
The article reports that solar developer Welspun Energy Ltd. has completed a 19-megawatt plant in Karnataka, India which will sell power to Mangalore Electric Supply Co., according to Welspun on May 14, 2014.