Nokia Stakes Zvents for Local Search
- Nokia's HERE Launches Community Mapping Project in India. // Voice & Data;Nov2013, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p75
The article reports on the launch of a community mapping pilot project by HERE, a Nokia business, in India
- Nokia. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;4/13/2015, pA02
The article reports on the plan of communications and information technology company Nokia Corp. to sell its mapping and location intelligence business HERE.
- Nokia offers $8.1 billion for NAVTEQ. Moran, Tim // Automotive News;10/8/2007, Vol. 82 Issue 6276, p6
The article informs that cellular phone giant Nokia Corp. is offering $8.1 billion for digital map supplier NAVTEQ Corp. of Chicago, Illinois. It is expected that Nokia-NAVTEQ deal would give the world's top cell phone maker a stronghold in the navigation business, one of the fastest-growing...
- FACE VALUE. Kemp, Ian // Total Telecom+;Apr2010, p6
The article lists the ranking of Top 500 Telecoms Brands in the world along with information on the Brand Value, Brand Rating and Enterprise Value including Vodafone in Great Britain, AT&T in the U.S. and Nokia in Finland.
- Mobile companies invest big in Wyo. // Wyoming Business Report;Sep2013, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p2A
The article reports on the announcement of AT&T on August 31, 2013 regarding its $10 million investment into the wireless and wired networks in Wyoming in the first half of 2013.
- Conti has inside track on maps. Sedgwick, David // Automotive News;TRAVERSE CITY DAILY Supplement1, Vol. 22, pS001
The article reports on the advantage obtained by automotive industry supplier Continental AG on its partnership with Nokia Here's navigation map unit. Topics discussed include the use of the maps to supplement radars, cameras, and lidar in autonomous vehicles, the direct pipeline obtained by...
- Nokia To Buy Navteq. Gilroy, Amy // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;10/8/2007, Vol. 22 Issue 21, p8
The article reports on the plan of Nokia to acquire global positioning system (GPS) map maker Navteq in a definitive agreement for about $8.1 billion. Commenting on the deal, analyst Michael Ippoliti of ABI Research, stated that it was a wise move. Nokia claims that the deal will strengthen its...
- Nokia pays $8.1 billion for Navteq. // Fleet Owner;Nov2007, Vol. 102 Issue 11, p81
The article reports on the agreement between Navteq Co., a digital map provider and cell-phone maker Nokia. The agreement stated that Nokia will pay $78 in cash for each share of Navteq which includes the outstanding choices of an aggregate purchase price approximately $8.1 billion. The board of...
- Telecoms: Industry Update. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;May2008, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p267
The article offers news briefs related to telecommunication industry in the U.S. and Europe. European Commission has conducted a phase II review of Nokia's $8.1 billion proposed acquisition of digital map information provider Navteq Corp. Deutsche Telekom AG intends to increase more than 20% of...