Funcom Loses Money, CFO
- New Consoles Offset Start of a Down Year for Video Game Industry. Graser, Marc // Variety Movie Reviews;2/13/2014, p29
The article reports on the increase in the earnings of the video game industry in January 2014, with hardware sales up 17% to 241 million U.S. dollars. The launch of the launch of new video game consoles such as the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 from manufacturers Microsoft and Sony, respectively,...
- Game boy. Kinney, Ben // Business North Carolina;Jun2010, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p7
The article discusses the need for North Carolina to actively take part in the growing video game industry. The U.S. industry posted a record of revenue of 19.7 billion dollars in the tough market of 2009. There are 40 gaming companies with more than 1,00 employees in the Research Triangle but...
- New titles can't plump up vidgame biz. GRASER, MARC // Daily Variety;12/14/2009, Vol. 305 Issue 49, p35
The article reports on the figures released by NPD Group Inc. regarding the performance of videogames industry in 2009 which show that revenue for the industry was down 7.6% in November 2009.
- EXPERTS: GAMING INDUSTRY ALREADY EMBRACING DIGITAL MARKETPLACE. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;2/7/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p6
The article reports that the video game industry is tapping the online gaming market, with total revenue from the sector amounting to more than 9 billion U.S. dollars in 2010.
- ANALYST: MAY VIDEO GAMES SALES ARE PROJECTED TO HIT A 12-YEAR LOW. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;6/17/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 24, p6
The article reports on the opinion of Wedbush Securities analyst Michael Pachter that sales of the video game industry in May 2013 could be the lowest in more than a decade.
- EA: Strong Q4, Weak FY 09. Lee, Michael // Red Herring;5/5/2009, p2
The article reports on the sales performance of video game developer and publisher Electronic Arts in the fourth quarter of fiscal year 2009. The company reported a revenue of $860 million for the quarter, with a net loss of $42 million. However, the weak holiday sales in the third quarter...
- THQ Sees Heavy Losses. Lee, Michael // Red Herring;5/6/2009, p1
The article reports on the net loss posted by video game developer and publisher THQ in the fourth quarter of 2008. THQ reported a net loss of $97 million on revenue of $170 million. The company managed to beat Wall Street analysts' expectations on revenue, but failed in terms of net loss. For...
- BEYOND THE GOLDEN NICKEL. Gibbs, Colin // RCR Wireless News;5/28/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 20, p15
The article reports that mobile game publishers and their carrier partners are hoping to lure newbies by giving away everything from 30 second game demos to a Volkswagen Beetle. Wireless gaming continues to straggle to expand past the golden nickel, which is the 5% of mobile users who download...
- EA Loses Big, Lays Off 600. Lee, Michael // Red Herring;10/30/2008, p1
The article reports that the earnings of video game company Electronic Arts (EA) fell short of analyst expectations, sending shares 14 percent lower in after hours. EA reported a net loss of $310 million, or $0.97 per share, on revenue of $894 million for the second quarter of 2008, compared...