Apple, China Unicom Near iPhone Deal
- Mobile titans vie for China users. Davis, Anita // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;8/13/2009, p3
The article reports on the launching of two Android-based phones in mid-August 2009 by China Mobile Ltd. in Beijing, China. It states that the launching is part of the preemptive strike against the iPhone from Apple Inc. According to the article, the news about the launching came a week after...
- Apple's big challenge is not Spotify but China. Gambino, Angel // New Media Age;9/10/2009, p05
The author offers opinion on the challenge facing Apple in marketing the iPhone in China. She says that China Unicom will be offering the first official iPhone in China, which has over 700 million subscribers. She notes that launching the iPhone in China is an opportunity to learn about one of...
- Dalai Lama censored as IPhone enters China. // Tibetan Review: The Monthly Magazine on all Aspects of Tibet;Feb2010, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p12
The article reports that the Dalai Lama banned iPhone from Apple computers after China Unicom Ltd. launched iPhone sales and approve the phone's contents necessary for the first time in China.
- STATSNAP. // Telecom Asia;Jun2003, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p8
Reports on the operation of China Mobile and China Unicom in China. Offering of limited-mobility services; Increase in cellular subscriber numbers; Growth rate of fixed-line operators.
- iPhone sales drive 3G for Unicom. // China Telecom;2012, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p6
The article reports on the release of China Unicom's operational information for December 2011 which shows the continued increase in the number of third-generation (3G) subscribers during the month, citing the popularity of Apple's iPhone as the key reason for the growth.
- MediaCom, Dentsu split Unicom's iPhone briel. Li, Benjamin // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;10/22/2009, p3
The article reports that Mediacom and Dentsu got the media account for the launching of iPhone by China Unicom.
- China CDMA: The scent of a handset opportunity. Chau, Fiona // Wireless Asia;Oct2001, Vol. 4 Issue 9, p12
Reports on China Unicom's code division multiple access 20001x network. Opportunities seen by domestic Chinese electronics firms; Problem of black market phones; Competition against China Mobile Ltd.'s wireless communication service.
- China increases spectrum fees. Chau, Fiona // Wireless Asia;Jun2002, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p11
Reports the increase of the spectrum usage payment of China Mobile and China Unicom in China. Result of the growing rates payable to the regulator; Effect of the ruling on the telecommunication operators; Adjustment of the fees applicable.
- Wireless Telecommunication Services in China. // Wireless Telecommunication Services Industry Profile: China;January 2003, pN.PAG
Presents a profile of the Wireless Telecommunication Services industry in China. Background on Datamonitor, a business information company specializing in industry analysis; Executive summary of the industry; Market overview; Market value; Market segmentation; Competitive landscape; Leading...