GameStop: What Recession?
- GAMESTOP PROFITS. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;5/25/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 21, p40
The article reports that GameStop Corp.'s profit for the quarter ended May 3, 2008 was up 151% to $62.1 million from the same period in 2007. GameStop chief operations officer (COO), Dan DeMatteo, said that the company have been satisfied with the rate of sale on the PS3 at its current price. He...
- GameStop stomps Q1 forecasts with earnings beat. PATRICK SEITZ // Investors Business Daily;5/29/2015, p00
The article reports on the 6% increase to 43 of the stock of the video game retailer GameStop Corp. in the morning trading, May 29, 2015 on U.S. the stock market. It says that the retailer earned 68 cents a share, up 15% year over year, and on sales of $2.06 billion, up 3%, for the quarter ended...
- Order Management in Supply Chain: A Case Study in Automotive Companies. Manzouri, Malihe; Rahman, Mohd Nizam Ab; Arshad, Haslina // American Journal of Engineering & Applied Sciences;2011, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p372
The article presents a case study on the impact of prediction of future orders in managing activities in practice among automotive organisations in Iran. The authors state that predicting future orders plays an important role in planning appropriate strategy in a Supply Chain Management (SCM)...
- Using a regression model to determine the role of organizational factors: A case of sales forecasting. ŠINDELÁŘ, Jiří // ECON - Journal of Economics, Management & Business;2013, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p149
In contrast to other management areas, only limited evidence is available regarding the effect of organizational variables on the performance of supply chain forecasters, i.e. specialists tasked with the preparation of future sales forecasts. The majority of the existing evidence is focused on...
- Tesco explores Twitter buzz to boost barbecue order accuracy. // Grocer;6/7/2014, Vol. 237 Issue 8158, p49
The article discusses the decision of retailer Tesco to expand its supply chain analytics program by rebuilding its sales forecasting system and analyzing data from social media.
- GAMESTOP PROFITS UP. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;11/23/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 47, p8
The article reports on the profit recorded by video game retailer GameStop for the three months ended October 31, 2009. The retailer's profit was an 11.8% increase over the same period in the previous year. Chief executive officer (CEO) Dan DeMatteo said new title releases and price cuts on all...
- Every Customer Counts. Farrell, Jason // Retail Merchandiser;Jan/Feb2008, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p51
The article discusses how customer traffic data can be used by retailers to maximize sales and cost efficiency. Various approaches to customer counting are cited, such as the deployment of IR beams and video recognition technology. The computation of sales volume relative to consumer traffic and...
- GameStop disappoints Street. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;3/28/2014, pA02
The video game retailer's Q4 EPS fell 12% to $1.90 a share â€” 2 cents below Wall St.'s forecast. Revenue rose 3% to $3.68 bil, but also fell short of views for $3.79 bil. Same-store sales grew nearly 8% on the new
- Meijer. // Drug Store News;1/30/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p12
The article reports on the supply chain management of the mass merchandise retailer Meijer Inc. located in Grand Rapids, Michigan, following the death of founder Frederick Meijer in November 2011.