Crude Spikes, Stocks Sink
- Stock Futures Take High Road; Foot Locker, Big Lots Rocket. ALAN R. ELLIOTT // Investors Business Daily;3/ 7/2014, p00
Stock futures upshifted from narrow gains to point squarely higher Friday after a surprise surge in February hiring.
- Stock Futures Mixed, Improving; McDonald's And Broadcom Rising. ALAN R. ELLIOTT // Investors Business Daily;4/22/2015, p00
The article offers information on the performance of the U.S. stock market on April 22, 2015. The stock market recorded early losses in Nasdaq, Dow Jones industrial average and Standard & Poor's (S&P) 500 Index futures due to factors such as resistance and distribution. Details about the...
- Stocks And Oil Keep Falling; Sotheby's Down On Weak Art Market. KEN HOOVER // Investors Business Daily;2/11/2016, p1
A morning recovery attempt ran out of steam going into the noon hour Thursday, sending stocks to new lows.
- In Chek. Baar, Aaron // Adweek;9/18/2006, Vol. 47 Issue 34, p4
The article focuses on the position of the advertising industry in the U.S. stock market during the week ending September 18, 2006. With a hope that no action will be taken by the Federal Reserve, a considerable rise was recorded in the stock market. Nearly all advertising stocks closed with an...
- Ad Stocks Go Up. Zammit, Deanna // Adweek;10/31/2005, Vol. 46 Issue 42, p4
The article focuses on the position of the stocks market in the U.S. The Dow Jones Industrial Average gained better-than-expected gross domestic growth up 186.66 points at 10.402.77. The Nasdaq held steady, up just 31 cents at 2,089.88. WPP gained 0.96 points at $49.34. Omnicom gained the most,...
- Just One Economy. Cassell, Jonathan // Electronic News;03/06/2000, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p8
Comments on the status of the United States economy in March 2000. Diverging fortunes of the Dow Jones Industrial Average and NASDAQ; Flaw with the theory of the old and the new economies; Analysis of the agreement among General Motors Corp., Ford Motor Co. and DaimlerChrysler.
- Compromise On Stimulus Bill Lifts Stocks. Karr, Arnold J.; Ellis, Kristi // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/12/2009, Vol. 197 Issue 30, p24
The article reports that a Congressional compromise between the U.S. House and Senate versions of a financial resuscitation bill has resulted in an upward growth in the U.S. stock market. The S&P Retail Index was up 0.3 percent, to 266.59, on February 11, 2009 while the S&P 500 clocked in with a...
- Mixed greens. Smith, Anne Kates // U.S. News & World Report;08/02/99, Vol. 127 Issue 5, p58
Focuses on the United States stock market and performance on Wall Street during the 1999 second quarter. Decline in top stocks; Mutual fund performance, which beat the Standard & Poor's 500 stock index; Profit-taking in technology and Internet stocks; Performance of the Dow Jones industrial...
- Stocks continue rally, reach another high. // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/20/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p24
The article reports on the condition of the U.S. stock market from May 9-15, 2013 including Dow Jones and NASDAQ where stock prices continue to increase hitting a record high on May 15.