Google Chrome Makes Inroads
- Why Apple won't be launching a search engine any time soon. Sullivan, Danny // Advertising Age;3/22/2010, Vol. 81 Issue 12, p12
The author comments on Apple Inc.'s prospects of developing their own web browser to compete with Google's Chrome and Microsoft's Internet Explorer, which he thinks are very poor.
- Bugs & Fixes. LANDAU, TED // Macworld;Nov2013, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p103
The article offers tips on how to fix a defect of consumer electronics firm Apple's Safari Web browser as of November 2013.
- Paywall for Telegraph. MacMillan, Gordon // PRWeek (London);4/5/2013, p17
The article reports that Telegraph Media Group, a multi-media news publisher, has introduced a metered paywall for its websites for the newspapers Daily Telegraph and Sunday Telegraph, where readers using the websites will have to pay to access the content.
- Study: iOS Apps Top Browsers for Watching TV Online. CARELESS, JAMES // Macworld;Sep2014, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p35
The article offers an analysis of the Adobe quarterly report on video consumption "U.S. Digital Video Benchmark" for the first quarter of 2014 that finds that computer technology company Apple's iOS applications (apps) now top browsers as the most popular access method for watching television...
- Moving by the book. Gliddon, Josh // Bulletin with Newsweek;03/21/2000, Vol. 118 Issue 6216, p79
Presents answers to queries about Uniform Resource Locator (URL) browsers used in the Internet. Includes functionality of URL browsers; Means of moving the URL around; Movement between Netscape and Microsoft.
- A new class of search. McGovern, Gerry // Information World Review;Dec2002, Issue 186, p49
Deals with the use of card sorting in Internet browsing. Process of card sorting; Problems with classification design; Suggested ways to making classification.
- Voice Browser Packages Will Offer Hands-Off Access to Web Sites. H.B. // PC Week;11/09/98, Vol. 15 Issue 45, p36
Examines the performance of voice-enabled browsers used to surf the Internet computer network. Advantages to the use of web pages; Companies involved in the design of browser software; Development of PhoneBrowser software by Lucent Technologies.
- WHO WANTS AN INTERFACE? Coffee, Peter // eWeek;08/07/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 32, p53
Speculates on what productivity improvements users would have gotten from the Internet if Web browsers had never been invented. Data transfer; Ways that some people partition the World Wide Web.
- Browsers, Only Better. // Tech & Learning;May2002, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p6
Evaluates the Internet Web browsers Browse3D and MicroSurfer 2.0. Efforts to revamp Internet tools; Specifications of the two browsers; Capabilities of the browsers.