Cisco Gobbles Jabber
- Cisco, NeutralTandem Offer White Label Unified Communications Service for Partners. // Channel Insider;11/7/2011, p1
The article informs that Neutral Tandem Inc. and Cisco Systems Inc. have developed a cloud-based unified communication (UC) service which would enable the partners of Cisco Systems to access and use the UC service without making investment in infrastructure. It informs that the UC service is...
- Jabber: Communicating in Real Time. Misek, Marla // EContent;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 28 Issue 1/2, p44
This article profiles Jabber Inc., a U.S. open-source server marketer. Founded in 2000, Jabber Inc. markets its two core server products to organizations with complex information requirements. Jabber IM is an out-of-the box solution for companies that want to deploy secure messaging across the...
- Cisco boosts security for the age of unified comms. Saran, Cliff // Computer Weekly;1/16/2007, p12
The article focuses on Cisco Systems Inc.'s plans to acquire e-mail filter provider IronPort Systems Inc. The acquisition plans were revealed in January 2007. According to Richard Palmer, senior vice-president of Cisco's security technology group, IronPort will supplement Cisco's self-defending...
- Running A Business Open Source. Craig-Wood, Kate // ITNOW;Jul2011, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p16
Kate Craig-Wood MBCS, External Communications Officer at BCS's Data Centre Specialist Group has been running all the business systems of her company over the internet (including instant messaging, email, document management, project management and collaboration) with open source software.
- Cisco Picks Up Its M&A Pace This Year. Cecil, Mark // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;11/4/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 42, p1
Reports on the mergers and acquisitions program of San Jose, California-based Cisco Systems Inc.
- Cisco to Acquire Milpitas, Calif.-Based Pari Networks. Springer, Richard // India -- West;2/4/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 11, pB1
The article reports on Cisco Systems Inc., network gear maker to acquire Milpitas, the California-based Pari Networks that provides network configuration technology.
- IN A MARKET RIPE FOR BUYERS CISCO SAYS IT'S READY TO SHOP. LaBarba, Liane H.; Weber, Toby // Telephony;12/10/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 22, p18
Reports on the plan of Cisco Systems to acquire several telecommunication companies in the U.S. Target number of companies to be acquired; Benefits of the proposed acquisition to Cisco Systems; Reason behind the plan of the company.
- Cisco Open Sourcing H.264 Fuels Debate Over Video Codecs. Burt, Jeffrey // eWeek;11/1/2013, p2
The article discusses the controversy behind Cisco Systems's announcement in October 2013, regarding its decision to open source its H.264 video codec execution as it aims to make it the standard for WebRTC. H.264 is cited to be the most widely used codec in real-time communications on the...
- Messaging could be unified by user habits. Sandin, Jessica // New Media Age;5/13/2010, p21
The author comments on the concept of unified messaging in the digital media industry in Great Britain. She says that the unified messaging concept originated with engineers who wanted to integrated the various kinds of messaging technologies including fax, email and voice. She adds that...