Bulls Rampage After Federal Bailout
- Stocks Post First Gains Of '14. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;1/ 8/2014, pA01
1 Indexes notched their first gains of the new year, led by technology, medical and food stocks. The Nasdaq surged 1%, while the S&P 500 and Dow Jones industrials advanced 0.6% each. Volume ran higher on the Nasdaq and NYSE. The 10-year Treasury yield dropped 2 basis points to 2.94%.
- Here Comes the Sun. Jensen, Trevor // Adweek;5/23/2005, Vol. 46 Issue 21, p6
The article focuses on the status of stocks in Wall Street, as of May 2005. The Dow Jones & Co. industrial average slipped a bit , but for the week it was up 332 points, or slightly more than 3 percent, closing at 10,471.91. The weekly gain was the Dow's best since early November 2004. The...
- Milestone Day For Indexes. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;4/24/2015, pA01
1 Stocks rose amid a barrage of earnings reports. The Nasdaq rallied 0.4% to a record closing high. The S&P 500 ended with a 0.2% gain after touching an all-time high intraday. Meanwhile, the Dow Jones industrial average ticked up 0.1%. Volume climbed across the board. The 10-year Treasury yield...
- Stocks Mixed As Alphabet Gains; Microsoft Leads Dow But Apple Lags. NANCY GONDO // Investors Business Daily;10/26/2015, p00
The article reports on the stocks performance on October 26, 2015 as the major indexes remained mixed in quiet trade, citing Nasdaq that led with a 0.1% gain, while the S&P 500 slipped 0.2% and the Dow Jones industrial average gave up 0.1%.
- 5th Straight Gain For Nasdaq. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;8/20/2014, pA01
1 Volume was mixed and all 3 major indexes advanced, with the Nasdaq notching a 5th straight gain to its highest level since March 2000. Drug and medical stocks strengthened. The yield on the 10-year Treasury note rose 1 basis point to 2.40%.
- N.H. Q2 stock performance as dismal as the weather. Woods, Susan; Howard6Smith // New Hampshire Business Review;7/21/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 16, p11
The article reports on the decline of shares in New Hampshire-based publicly held companies by an average of 11.7 percent in the second quarter of 2006. This is according to the reading of the New Hampshire Business Review/Chartworth Stock Index. The price-weighted index itself declined 9.5...
- Hong Kong: Key Levels To Watch For Hang Seng. // Emerging Markets Monitor;9/28/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 25, p7
The article forecasts the decline of Hong Kong's Hang Seng equity index (HSI) in 2009. This decline is reportedly attributed to the reversal in the Dow in September 2009. It mentions the implications of the decision of Hong Kong, China to extend the deadline for completing their mortgage backed...
- WEEKLY COMMENT ON PUERTO RICO STOCKS. Carmona, José L. // Caribbean Business;8/30/2007, Vol. 35 Issue 34, p14
The article reports on the status of the stock market in Puerto Rico in the last week of August 2007. Several assessments have shown modest action, which include Dow Jones's industrial average showing an increase of 2.29%, Standard & Poor's 500 index finishing at 1,479.37, and the Nasdaq...
- WHAT'S DRIVING THE DOW? Kuhn, Susan E.; Hadjian, Ani // Fortune;6/12/1995, Vol. 131 Issue 11, p54
Examines reasons behind the record-setting pace of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, which peaked at 4437 on May 15, 1995. How the Dow increased 16% between January and May 1995; How the Dow stumbled a bit after May 15, 1995, but is expected to continue climbing; How individual investors are...