Mobile Teen Market Running Out of Minutes
- Mobile Carriers Face Cell Phone Saturation. Medford, Cassimir // Red Herring;2/8/2008, p4
This article focuses on the saturated mobile phone market in the U.S. It expects a two percent drop in U.S. subscriber growth rate by 2012, according to research firm Analysys. In 2007, the market reached a penetration rate of 85 percent. There is a need for carriers to push services for...
- KENYA POISED FOR GROWTH IN MOBILE SERVICES. // Worldwide Telecom;Apr2009, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p3
The article focuses on a report from Pyramid Research, the telecommunication research arm of the Light Reading Communications Network, which showed that mobile penetration in Kenya's telecom market will grow by 95% over the next five years. This market growth is deemed to demonstrate intense...
- Business Environment risk - More Growth To Come. // Latin America Monitor: Brazil Monitor;Jan2011, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p5
This article reports on the 100 percent penetration of the mobile market in Brazil at the end of October 2010.
- Long-Distance Geographic Mobility and Retailing Attitudes and Behaviors: An Update. Hyman, Michael R. // Journal of Retailing;Summer87, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p187
The relation of retailing attitudes, perceptions, and behaviors to long-distance geographic mobility as a "life event" (i.e., recent long-distance move) and "life-style" (i.e., frequent long-distance move) indicator is examined. Relative to nonrecently relocating households, recent long-distance...
- WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY. Ebenkamp, Becky; Czark, Gina // Brandweek;07/17/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 29, p24
Reports on the results of the marketing research conducted by Big Blue Dot on the technology fad among Japanese teenagers. Proliferation of Keitai or small mobile phones in Japan; Other teen phone facts found by Big Blue Dot.
- Planning Gains in Market Share. Fogg, C. Davis // Journal of Marketing;Jul1974, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p30
The article gives a comprehensive program for gaining market share, and examines the ways of increasing market share, the key steps in planning market share gains, and the pitfalls that must be anticipated in implementing such a program. According to the author, gaining and keeping market share...
- U.S. LAGS BEHIND THE WORLD IN SMARTPHONE USAGE. // Tele-Service News;Dec2010, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p1
The article focuses on a report from Adzookie.com, which analyzed smartphone penetration across several countries. According to the report, the U.S. lags behind other countries in smartphone usage, with only 28% smartphone penetration of the mobile market. The top three countries with the...
- Mobile data can offer Irish edge. Cahill, Peter // Precision Marketing;7/30/2004, Vol. 16 Issue 39, p9
Focuses on the marketing strategy of telecommunication companies in Dublin, Ireland. Performance of the companies; Percentage of market penetration; Use of mobile technology by the consumers.
- The sigma figures show Asia Pacific as being on track for greater heights. // Asia Insurance Review;Sep2011, p52
The article reports on the impressive developments of Asia Pacific and its emergence as a great contributor in the global insurance market as of 2011. Data show the 27.86% increase in the region's market share to the total premiums. It notes reveals Taiwan to have recorded the highest insurance...