Microsoft, PokÃ©mon Make Sales Moves in Japan
- Nintendo: Wii Rule the UK. Lee, Michael // Red Herring;9/30/2008, p3
The article discusses the lifetime sales data for the major consoles and handhelds in Great Britain, released by market researcher Chart-Track in September 2008. Nintendo was ranked first in the charts with sales of 3.6 million Wii consoles as of September 2008. It was followed by Microsoft's...
- All in the game. // Money Today;1/8/2009, p20
The article evaluates various high-technology electronic toys including e Xbox 360 from Microsoft, the PlayStation 3 from Sony, and the Nintendo Wii from Nintendo.
- Nintendo Smashes PS3 in Japanese Market. // Red Herring;2/28/2008, p5
The article reports that the Wii game console of Nintendo outsold the Playstation 3 of Sony in Japan in February 2009. According to game magazine published Enterbrain, Nintendo sold 331,627 units of the Wii in the four weeks to February 24, compared with 89,131 units of the PS3. The Wii has been...
- Wii Still on Top. Lee, Michael // Red Herring;9/19/2008, p10
The article discusses the Media Create and Enterbrain reports about the status of sales of video games in Japan. The Enterbrain report reveals that Microsoft's Xbox 360 outsold the Nintendo Wii in Japan. However, Media Create, a Japanese company that gathers and analyzes data in the Japanese...
- Microsoft Cuts Xbox 360 Prices in Europe Again. Lee, Michael // Red Herring;9/16/2008, p5
This article announces the plan of Microsoft to implement another Xbox 360 price cut in the European market following price reductions in the U.S. and Japan. On September 19, 2008, the Arcade model will be priced at $250 while the 60 gigabyte (GB) Pro will drop to $337. According to Microsoft,...
- GOING DOWN... MICROSOFT XBOX 360 PRICING. // Tech Trader;Oct2012, Vol. 4 Issue 9, p6
The article reports on the price reduction for the Xbox 360 standalone consoles and Kinect bundles from Microsoft Corp.
- Xbox 360 Gets British Sales Boost. Lee, Michael // Red Herring;9/23/2008, p8
This article reports on the improved sales performance of Microsoft's Xbox 360 consoles in the European market since implementing a price cut strategy. According to Chart-Track, Xbox 360 sold 32 percent more consoles since the price cut while Sony's PlayStation 3 experienced an eight percent...
- GAMING HEAVEN. Shepherd, Grant // Tech Trader;Jul2010, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p18
The article evaluates several electronic devices including the Kinect Xbox 360 from Xbox Technologies Inc., the DS portable gaming console from Nintendo Co. Ltd., and the PlayStation Plus from Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Ltd.
- Nintendo Wii trumps Xbox 360 in sales. Mutschler, Ann Steffora // Electronic News;8/27/2007, Vol. 53 Issue 35, p34
The article reports that Nintendo has regained its former glory as lifetime sales of the company's Wii home gaming system have passed Microsoft's Xbox 360 on a worldwide basis as of August 23, 2007, according to videogame sell-through tracking firm VG Chartz. The Nintendo DS handheld gaming...