Social Gaming Network Grabs Another Facebook App
- TEN SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT. Capel, Claudine; Johns, Kevin // B&T Magazine;8/20/2010, Vol. 60 Issue 2723, p16
The article presents various social networking platforms that provides a multitude of experience through blogs, games, and applications. It explains how social games such as Playfish and Farmville thrive in the online world by banking on the reciprocity strategy which gives the application as a...
- All About Apps. Morrissey, Brian; Shields, Mike // MediaWeek;9/8/2008, Vol. 18 Issue 31, p18
This article reviews several Internet software applications, including Loopt, a social networking platform that uses global positioning system (GPS) technology to connect users via cellular telephones, Internet games developed by the Social Gaming Network (SGN), and Twitter, a micro-blogging...
- Microsoft plans cross-platform Facebook game targeting men. // New Media Age;12/13/2007, p6
The article reports on the cross-platform Facebook game, the Fishticuffs planned to be launched by technology company Microsoft. The planned launch is the company's first initiative since investing in the social network since October 2007. The game, which was developed by digital specialist Thin...
- Are apps the advertising answer for Facebook? BURMASTER, ALEX // New Media Age;12/18/2008, p07
The article considers web applications as a possible solution for utilising Facebook as an advertising medium. In the 15 months since July 2007, applications has substantially increased its share of time. From one in every 18 minutes spent on the social networking site in Great Britain to one in...
- IT'S THE LITTLE THINGS. // Arizona Foothills Magazine;Aug2011, p18
The article offers brief information on the Kidlee application program.
- Social Discovery Apps Strike Out at SXSW. Heussner, Ki Mae // Adweek;3/19/2012, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p13
The article looks at software applications designed to encourage interaction between those with similar interests and social media contacts based on location.
- Insight: Road Test - Gregory Birge says Color has exciting potential for marketers. // Campaign Asia-Pacific;Sep2012, p24
The article presents information on social networking application Color, designed to enable automatic picture sharing to everyone in a given location.
- Facebook games. JOHNSTON, RAE // Techlife Australia (Bauer Media Group);Jul2013, Issue 13, p49
The article reviews the online games "Hidden Agenda" and "Asteroids" in the online social networking site Facebook.
- BELIEVING THE INTERNET HYPE. Petersen, Chris // U.S. Business Review;May2008, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p1
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one that discusses ways companies can use the community-building aspects of online social networks lik e Facebook and MySpace and another by Brian Salgado on an addictive word game on the Internet.