BitTorrent Downloads Funding
- Metacafe Fuels Up With $30M. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;8/27/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 34, p26
The article reports that Metacafe has announced that it raised 30 million dollars in third-round funding. The funding comes from two new investors, Highland Capital Partners and DAG Ventures, along with existing investors Accel Partners and Benchmark Capital. The company received 15 million...
- Metacafe to use VC funding to launch localised UK offering. // New Media Age;10/25/2007, p2
The article reports on the plan of U.S.-owned video sharing Web site, Metacafe to launch a localized version in Great Britain in 2008. The company will be using a $30 million venture capital (VC) funding which it received from Highland Capital Partners and DAG Ventures to roll out a localized...
- Local firms profit from tech woes. Strahler, Steven R. // Crain's Chicago Business;12/04/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 50, p3
Focuses on the financing practice private investments in public equities (PIPE) in Chicago, Illinois. Financiers of PIPE; Significance of the initial public offerings of Internet companies on PIPE; Information on the toxic PIPE; Assessments of financiers.
- Dictating to investors nipped deal in the bud. Wojtowicz, Jean // Indianapolis Business Journal;6/24/96, Vol. 17 Issue 14, p11B
Presents advice on how to approach potential business investors for business capital and financing. Determination of the structure of the deal before negotiating with investors; Development of an approach that allows an investor to ask questions and select his level of participation.
- The State of Venture Capital. Taber, George M. // Business News New Jersey;2/25/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p10
Reports the financial issue of several companies in New Jersey. Investment in Internet companies; Total amount of the venture investments; Real products and sales of the companies.
- Choosing a broker-dealer for your fee-based business. // Financial Planning;Aug97 Supplement FEE-Based Planning, Vol. 27, A Supplement to...
Features ten questions that can help investors choose a broker-dealer for fee-based businesses in financial planning. Summary of the chief concerns of investment advisers.
- Angel-hunting tips. Fraser, Jill Andresky // Inc.;Mar96, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p100
Provides guidelines for finding a high-net-worth individual, preferably with an entrpreneurial background, to invest in your business. Tips from Bill Wetzel, director emeritus of the Center for Venture Research at the University of New Hampshire.
- Heaven help us. Buss, Dale D. // Nation's Business;Nov93, Vol. 81 Issue 11, p29
Reports on the `business angels,' investors who provide capital to start-up businesses. Experience of PulseCard Inc. owner Robin Potter; Amount of investments in companies; Characteristics preferred by investors in a company; Strategies for winning investors; Failure and success in...
- Do due diligence, too. Fraser, Jill Andresky // Inc.;May95, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p143
Describes the experience of Thomas Droege, founder of Droege Computing Services of Durham, North Carolina, with his first outside investor. Lessons he learned from the experience; The need to thoroughly check the background of investors; Using cash flow to finance expansion efforts.