Wall Street Stampede Tramples Tech
- Markets' Dizzying Week Concludes on an Upswing. Davis, Paul; Kuehner-Hebert, Katie // American Banker;9/22/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 183, p2
The article reports on a rise in bank stocks and the market at large on September 19, 2008, ending a volatile week for the U.S. financial services industry on an up-swing. Details on bank index and Dow Jones index gains are presented. The week included bankruptcy filings from Lehman Brothers...
- HOW THE BROKERAGE FIRMS STACK UP. // Bank Investment Consultant;Sep2000, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p44
Presents information concerning brokerage firms for 1998 and 1999. Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc.; Morgan Stanley Dean Witter Co.; Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc.; Salomon Smith Barney Holdings Inc.
- Street firms get creative to spur CAT bond market. Reinebach, Adam // Investment Dealers' Digest;04/06/98, Vol. 64 Issue 14, p7
Presents information pertaining to catastrophe (CAT) bonds. What prompted Merrill Lynch and two other firms to work on auto-related securitization for CAT bonds; What it will be linked with; Reason for establishment of a Bermuda-based reinsurance company by Lehman Brothers; Details pertaining to...
- Private stock sale gets TCI out of bind. Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;06/23/97, Vol. 16 Issue 26, p14
States that Merrill Lynch & Company and Lehman Brothers Incorporated has agreed to purchase 32 million TCI shares held by the estate of the late Bob Magness. Financial information on the private sale; Comments from TCI chairman, John Malone.
- Lehman Bros. hires former Merrill banker. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;11/30/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30529, p6
Reports that Lehman Brothers has hired former Merrill Lynch & Co. managing director Christian McCarthy to oversee the short-term deals from municipal and corporate bond issuers in the public finance department. Predecessor; Responsibilities; Reason for McCarthy's separation from Merrill.
- Merrill Will Underwrite California's First Negotiated Fixed-Rate GOs. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;3/31/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31804, p48
Reports on the selection of Merrill Lynch & Co. by California state to underwrite its general obligation sale in April 2003. Management of the deal by Lehman Brothers; Plan of state to change its practice of competitive pricing; Amount for the deal.
- Kingfisher sheds speculators. // Cabinet Maker;11/10/2006, Issue 5513, p6
The article discusses the outcomes of news and comments involving Kingfisher PLC which struggled its share price performance. The figures showed high performance for March 2006 concurred with rumors and its recovery led to the first quarter figures for the new financial year in the May 2006...
- Money on the Bears. NAJARIAN, PETE; NAJARIAN, JON // Equities;Oct2008, Vol. 57 Issue 7, p10
The article focuses on the financial status of investment banks Lehman Brothers and Merrill Lynch as they seek for the next bailout following a U.S. government's bailout of Bear Stearns. According to the author, U.S. Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson did not approve a bailout for Lehman Brothers....
- WEEKLY COMMENT ON PUERTO RICO STOCKS. Carmona, José L. // Caribbean Business;9/3/2009, Vol. 37 Issue 35, p10
The article presents a comment on the weekly performance of stocks in Puerto Rico. It notes on the cautionary approaches of the Wall Street concerning the investor's concerns of the stock market especially that September 2009 which marked the collapse of the Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. in...