The Presidential Candidates and Innovation
- Fighting Chance. // New Republic;10/8/2008, Vol. 239 Issue 6, p1
The article reports on the U.S. financial crisis, and the way that U.S. presidential candidate John McCain has used this opportunity to campaign as the candidate who can reform Wall Street investors and fix Washington, D.C. Candidate Barack Obama also released an advertisement characterizing...
- Innovation should be focus of next president. NELSON, RICK // Test & Measurement World;Oct2008, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p7
The article focuses on the response of presidential candidates in the U.S. to questions on innovation and education posed by Science Debate 2008. Senator Barack Obama (D-Ill.) wants to increase funding for basic research given the fact that the U.S. imports $53 billion more in advanced...
- Barack Obama's stance on STEM: a big win for life science research and IT. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;Nov2008, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p205
The article reports on the Science Debate 2008 highlighting a questionnaire, concerning the science and technological innovations in different sectors, for each U.S. presidential candidates Barack Obama and John McCain to answer. As the first to respond, Barack Obama provides his insights on how...
- 2008 and your money -- how will the presidential election affect you? Young, Dave // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;9/8/2008, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p10
The article explores the impact of the 2008 presidential election in the U.S. on the investment market. It relates the possibility for Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama to win the 2008 election, according to data from Intrade. It describes the possible implications for investors of...
- Obama's New First: Industry Dollar Lead. Kaper, Stacy // American Banker;8/25/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 164, p1
The author reports on the amount of money which has been donated by bankers to the campaigns of U.S. Presidential candidates Barack Obama and John McCain. The amount of money which both candidates received from bankers is mentioned. Possible reasons why Obama received more in campaign donations...
- Sen. McCain remains thorn in Obama's side. Bolton, Alexander // Hill;6/26/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 76, p10
The article reports on the effort by President Barack Obama in negotiating Senator John McCain for the latter to advocate his agenda in the U.S.
- 2008 Election Results. // Junior Scholastic;12/8/2008, Vol. 111 Issue 8, p15
The article presents the results of the 2008 U.S. presidential election between presidential candidates Barack Obama and John McCain.
- Picture of the Week. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;10/30/2008, Vol. 198 Issue 4551, p11
A photograph of U.S. presidential candidates, Barack Obama and John McCain, along with the Archibishop of New York Cardinal Edward Egan is presented.
- How the Polling and Media Firms Did. // National Journal;11/8/2008, p29
A list of the consulting teams of Barack Obama and John McCain is presented along with the U.S. senate winners and losers.