RIM-Microsoft to Fight Google, Yahoo in Mobile Search?
- Microsoft's cloud and mobile strategy: Partner with everyone. Kolakowski, Nicholas // eWeek;4/4/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p24
The article discusses the strategy of Microsoft Corp. to partner with Yahoo! Inc., Nokia Corp., and possibly Research in Motion Ltd. (RIM), which serves as a hint for conquering the cloud and mobile sector. It says that the Microsoft's deal with Yahoo! proposes the use of Microsoft's Bing search...
- Microsoft's BlackBerry deal. Kolakowski, Nicholas // eWeek;5/16/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p6
A blog from Nicholas Kolakowski on the growing partnerships between Microsoft Corp. and Research In Motion Ltd. in services like Office 365 and Bing search engine is presented.
- Microsoft Lumia partners with Truecaller to offer free premium services. // Flare (Pakistan);Mar2015, p64
The article reports that Microsoft Corp.'s Lumia has collaborated with Truecaller to provide free premium services to Lumia users for six months.
- What's new. // Revolution (14605953);2009 Insider's Guide to Digital, p35
The article offers information on Internet search engines. Users from Yahoo! are heading to Microsoft's Bing and according to the article, its market share in the U.S. is increasing. An integration has been completed between Flickr and Yahoo! which could lead to more search engines integrating...
- Microsoft earnings come under question. Wasserman, Elizabeth; Trott, Bob // InfoWorld;01/25/99, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p16
Reports that Microsoft believed that Internet Explorer was `fundamentally not compelling' compared to Netscape's Navigator and `not differentiated' from the rival browser. Earnings reported by Microsoft in the second quarter of its 1999 fiscal year; Comments from Richard Schmalensee, dean of...
- Beta sight. Taschek, John // PC Week;7/01/96, Vol. 13 Issue 26, p63
Reviews Microsoft Corp.'s IIS (Internet Information Server ) Add-In for Access 95.
- The browser war. Levy, Steven // Bulletin with Newsweek;4/30/96, Vol. 116 Issue 6018, p70
Focuses on the battle between Netscape Communications Corp. and its rival Microsoft Corp. in the Web browser market, which is ultimately for control of the Internet. Percentage of Web riders who use the Netscape Navigator; Percentage of Explorer's market share; Owners of both companies;...
- Browsers and newspapers. Cohen, Jodi B. // Editor & Publisher;9/21/96, Vol. 129 Issue 38, p30
Reports on the competition in the browser market between Marc Andreessen's Netscape Navigator and Microsoft's Explorer 3.0. Netscape's alliance with the `New York Times'; Microsoft's alliance with the `Wall Street Journal.'
- The man behind Windows Phone design. // Network World;3/8/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p14
An interview with Albert Shum, director of "Mobile Experience Design" for U.S.-based Microsoft Corp.'s Windows Phone group, is presented. Shum discusses how Microsoft Corp. creates products with a deeper emotional connection. He explains the reason behind the existence of a lot of typography in...