Nintendo Soars on Wii
- Nintendo cuts forecast. Schilling, Mark // Daily Variety;10/31/2008, Vol. 301 Issue 20, p3
The article reports that Game giant Nintendo Co. Ltd. cut its net profit forecast in 2008. It says that the change is due to the rapid strengthening of the yen against the dollar and euro that has depleted the earnings potential of Nintendo. It states that the company has reduced its operating...
- Nintendo Profit Slides on Slower Wii Sales. Sadighi, Lalee // Red Herring;7/30/2009, p2
The article reports on the drop in sales of Nintendo's Wii motion-sending video game console in the first quarter of 2009. For the quarter ended June 30, its sales dropped by more than half to 2.23 million units from 5.17 million units in the previous year. This resulted in a drop in the...
- WII WOES FOR NINTENDO. Graser, Marc // Daily Variety;10/30/2009, Vol. 305 Issue 20, p1
The article reports on the decline of Nintendo Co. Ltd.'s sales and profits by 34% and 52% respectively in April-September 2009. It notes that with the declining sales due to the recession, the firm has opted to reduce the price of its Wii console. It mentions that the Nintendo expect to sell 20...
- Gaming weathers retail downturn to trump music and video. Parry, Caroline // Marketing Week;11/27/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 48, p7
The article offers information on the prospects of the British gaming market as video games and consoles sales are predicted to outstrip music and video. It is said that video games and consoles are turning into Great Britain's most popular form of entertainment. Recent research indicate that...
- Nintendo ready to take 3-D gaming to mass market. Ortutay, Barbara // Chicago Citizen - South End Edition;4/6/2011, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p12
The article focuses on the success of the handheld 3DS video game of Nintendo Co. Ltd. in the U.S. market.
- WII U PREPARES FOR LAUNCH. MAYES, TROY // Tech Trader;Nov2012, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p10
The article reports on the launch of Wii video games by Nintendo Co. Ltd.
- Nintendo Wii U. KIDMAN, ALEX // Techlife Australia (Bauer Media Group);Feb2013, Issue 8, p13
The article offers brief information on the new gaming console, Wii U, from Japanese consumer electronics company Nintendo Co. Ltd.
- console wars Redux. Moltenbrey, karen // Computer Graphics World;Mar/Apr2013, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p16
The article offers brief information on several computer gaming consoles from Nintendo Co. Ltd. including the Wii U console, the GameStick android-based console, and the WikiPad controller.
- Nintendo gears up to launch Wii successor. Bamford, Vince // Grocer;6/2/2012, p29
The article reports that Nintendo will release details of the Wii U gaming console which will target families and women with its features of a tablet-style controller with a six-inch screen, motion sensors, camera, microphone and speakers.