Google Rolls Out Web Browser
- News. // Computer Act!ve;4/15/2015, Issue 447, p6
The article evaluates the Spartan web browser from Microsoft Corp. and previews the Chromebit dongle from Google Inc.
- Browser Speed Showdown: Chrome Is Golden. Mediati, Nick // PC World;Jun2009, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p16
The article presents the results of a test conducted on the speed of several browsers. The browsers that were tested included Google's Chrome 2 Beta, Firefox 3.0.7, Apple's Safari 4 Beta, and Microsoft's Internet Explorer 8. It was found that Google Chrome 2 Beta finished with an average...
- Browser Wars Redux. Otey, Michael // SQL Server Magazine;Nov2008, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p7
The author offers his insights on the competition over the web among Google Inc.'s recently released Chrome, Microsoft Corp.'s Internet Explorer (IE) and the open-source Mozilla Corp.'s Firefox. He notes that Firefox has never catch up with IE, but its continued success depicts the discontent...
- HEAD 2 HEAD. // APC (Bauer Media Group);Dec2008, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p10
The article reviews several Internet browsers including Chrome 1.0 from Google Inc., Internet Explorer 8 from Microsoft Corp. and Firefox 3 from Mozilla Corp.
- Browser wars: Should you go for Chrome? Altom, Tim // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/15/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 28, p44
The article presents a perspective on different browsers used in computers. It cites the recent release of Chrome by Google Inc., which is the most implacable enemy of Microsoft Corp. The said browser from Google will accordingly, let computer users do access both from a central server...
- Microsoft preps slew of patches. // Network World;2/11/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p8
The article offers technology related news briefs. The 12 security updates of Microsoft Corp. are planned to be released. The Google Apps Team Edition is a new edition of an applications suite released for free by Google Inc., which has a word processor, spreadsheet, Talk instant messaging and...
- Untitled. Hall, Kathleen // Computer Weekly;1/18/2011, Issue 3, p53
The article offers information on the market research done by analytics company StatCounter, according to which Firefox internet browser developed by Mozilla Corp. has outstripped Internet Explorer (IE) internet browser developed by Microsoft Corp. as the number one browser in Europe. According...
- Khronos Readies Final WebGL 1.0 Spec. // Computer Graphics World;Apr2011, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p5
The article reports that the Khronos Group has recently launched its final WebGL 1.0 specification for enabling hardware-accelerated three-dimensional (3D) graphics in HTML5 Web browsers without the need for plug-ins. It announces that WebGL has the support of such major silicon and browser...
- 5 Things you need to know about... // Stuff;Nov2008, Issue 116, p42
The article evaluates several Web browsers including Google Chrome from Google Inc., Firefox from Mozilla Corp. and Safari from Apple Inc.