Google Files Patent for Floating Data Centers
- Buoyant future. Excell, Jon // Engineer (00137758);3/5/2004, Vol. 293 Issue 7646, p34
Reports on the proposal to install a Wave Hub in the seabed off Cornwall, England's Atlantic coast. Positive impact on the burgeoning wave power industry; Artist's impression of a Pelamis wave farm.
- Wave power comes online. // Supply Management;9/9/2004, Vol. 9 Issue 18, p8
Reports that the first wave-power generator in Great Britain has been linked to the national grid at the European Marine Energy Center in Orkney, Scotland, and is supplying 750 kilowatts as of September 2004.
- WAVE ENERGY POTENTIAL OF PENINSULAR MALAYSIA. Muzathik, A. M.; Wan Nik, W. B.; Ibrahim, M. Z.; Samo, K. B. // Journal of Engineering & Applied Sciences;2010, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p11
Wave power potential along the east coast of Peninsular Malaysia, facing South China Sea, bounded by latitudes 3.5Â° N and 6.5Â° N and longitudes 102Â° E and 104.0Â° E, is investigated based on two-hourly data, covering a 12-year period. The correlation between maximum wave height (Hmax)...
- Why wave, tide and ocean current promise more than wind. Smith, David // Modern Power Systems;Jun2005, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p47
Looks into the wave and tidal power generation in the British Isles. Amount of money allocated by the British government to harness these natural resources for power generation; Devices to be used in converting wave and tidal power; Views of people on the matter.
- Ocean flows for electricity. // TIDEE (TERI Information Digest on Energy & Environment);Jun2008, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p194
The article unveils the plan of researchers in Florida to start testing underwater turbine systems which are designed to produce electricity from ocean water flows. According to the researchers, even gentle ocean water flows can activate a propeller attached to the underwater turbine system and...
- DISPATCHES: REEDSPORT. Hopkin, Mary; Hamrick, Robert H. // Oregon Business Magazine;Sep2006, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p17
The article reports that Reedsport OPT Wave Park has filed an application with the U.S. Federal Energy Regulatory Commission for a preliminary permit to test the feasibility of a wave park about three miles off the coast of Reedsport, a utility-scale wave power project in Oregon. The project is...
- Water power. Stranks, Jeremy // A-Z of the Environment;2008, p470
Information about water power is presented. Water power is a form of energy produced from water, in the form of motive energy or temperature differences. The forms of water energy include hydroelectric energy from hydroelectric dams, tidal power energy from tides through turbines and ocean...
- Guide Vanes Effect of Wells Turbine on OWC Wave Power Plant Operation. Darabi, Ahmad; Poriavali, Payam // World Congress on Engineering 2007 (Volume 1);2007, p465
This paper describes an introduction into ocean wave energy converter and it's impacts on power system. There are a lot of methods and systems for converting wave power into electrical power, The most common structure of wave power plant is Oscillating Water Column (OWC) plant. The turbine...
- Ocean wave power harnessed for energy. // Process & Control Engineering (PACE);Jun2005, Vol. 58 Issue 5, p10
Reports on developer of technology to harness ocean wave power, Energetech Australia's receipt of funds from the Centre for Energy and Greenhouse Technologies (CEGT) to deploy the first commercial wave energy converter off the Victorian coast. Capabilities and features of the technology; Pilot...