Yahoo, AT&T Link on Mobile Search
- Google in Mobile Wallet deals. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;2/24/2015, pA02
The article reports on the partnership between Internet-related services firm Google Inc. and three American wireless carriers including Verizon Communications Inc. wherein the carriers will pre-install Google Wallet mobile payments app on smartphones running on Android operating system.
- Verizon shuns Google smartphone wallet. // Flare (Pakistan);1/15/2012, p68
The article reports on the opposition of U.S. telecommunications giant Verizon Communications Inc. on the payment feature of Google Inc.'s Android mobile operating system.
- Google's Latest Salvo in the Mobile Wallets Wars: FDIC Backing. Schuman, Evan // American Banker;4/21/2015, Vol. 180 Issue 60, p00
The article reports on Google's move to place its consumer funds-on-deposit into bank accounts protected by the U.S. Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC). Topics include Google Wallet's partnerships with AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile, its acquisition of the Softcard wallet app, and its...
- The Emerging Search Economy. Smith, Steve // EContent;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 28 Issue 1/2, p31
This article addresses the emergence of several alternative search engines as of January 2005. Within just a few short months in fall 2004, a search engine world dominated by Google and Yahoo! got a lot more interesting as several experiments in new styles of search launched. According to the...
- Prepare for New Competition. Stepanek, Laura // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2014, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p14
The article offers the auhtor's insights related to the competition in the alarm manufacturing or the security system industry. Topics discussed include the growing demand of alarming systems, several companies that provide alarming services including AT&T, Verizon, and Google, and the...
- Tech Firms Join ISOs In New ETA Mobile Group. McKinley, Ed // ISO & Agent Weekly;8/16/2012, Vol. 8 Issue 30, p1
The article reports that merchant acquirers and technology firms including Google Inc., AT&T, and T-Mobile have join on mobile payments issues in a new groupe called Electronic Transactions Association (ETA).
- All Change on the Search Front. Blakeman, Karen // Online;Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p44
The author explores the changes made by various online search engines. The modifications done in the personalized search feature of Google may not be that helpful for someone who does research on a wide range of topics, the author says. Data from various social networking web sites such as...
- Yahoo Turns to Google for Help. Morrissey, Brian // Adweek;6/16/2008, Vol. 49 Issue 20, p7
The article reports that Internet industry firm Yahoo! Inc. has reached an Internet advertising partnership agreement with rival Google Inc. The agreement essentially outsources Yahoo's Web search engine-related advertising operations to Google for a percentage of revenues. Yahoo is attempting...
- Will Google be a better ally for Yahoo than Microsoft? // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;7/10/2008, p13
The article shares the views of several people over Yahoo's decision to establish a search alliance with Google. According to Text 100 Public Relations managing consultant Jeremy Woolf, the Yahoo-Google deal is similar to the IBM-Lenovo deal. IProspect and wwwins search manager Antony Yiu said...