Microsoft Zune: Still Trails Apple
- Microsoft courts a catastrophe. // eWeek;11/11/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 45, p40
Editorial. Focuses on the announcement made by Microsoft Corp. regarding the compatibility of Microsoft's Office 11 with Windows 9x based computers. Motivations for the corporate users of the Windows 9x platform; Announcement of its ambitious goals by Microsoft Corp.; Strategy adopted by...
- MICROSOFT MAY LOOK TO `SMART SHORING'. Darrow, Barbara // CRN;2/20/2006, Issue 1184, p3
The article reports on the plan of Microsoft Corp. to venture into smart shoring for its forthcoming Office 2007 software in the U.S. The software company's move was influenced by the latest trends that are now existing in other software providers. An executive of the company stated that...
- MICROSOFT OFFSHORE ISV PLAN IN PILOT. Rooney, Paula // CRN;2/20/2006, Issue 1184, p10
The article reports on the pilot-testing of the NXT program by Microsoft Corp. in the U.S. The marketing program aims to help independent software vendors (ISV) migrate IBM AS/400-based applications to .Net at lower cost. The company is giving valuable benefits and a discounted proof of concept...
- Blockbuster, Microsoft to Deliver Mobile Content. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;12/7/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 49, p10
The article reports on the collaboration of Blockbuster and Microsoft to deliver movies and television shows to third-party portable media devices. Blockbuster is attempting to incorporate Microsoft's Live Mesh software, allowing consumers to download content from Blockbuster kiosks onto...
- Microsoft Reveals Zune HD Prices. PALENCHAR, JOSEPH // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;8/24/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 17, p4
The article evaluates the 16-gigabite Zune high-definition (HD) portable media player from Microsoft Corporation.
- A Potential Alternative to the iPod. Dahl, Eric // PCWorld;Feb2008, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p88
The article evaluates the Zune 80GB media player from Microsoft.
- Microsoft Zune HD. Orantia, Jenneth // APC (Bauer Media Group);Feb2010, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p22
The article evaluates the Zune HD portable media player from Microsoft Corp.
- Microsoft's Retail Envy. Martin, Scott // Red Herring;2/12/2009, p1
The article repots on the plans of Microsoft Corp. to develop and open Microsoft stores that push the company's products, following the trend set by Apple. Microsoft has hired former Wal-Mart executive David Porter to lead the charge as vice president of its retail stores. The company plans to...
- Music & video to go. Yates, Darren // Australian PC User;Dec2007, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p52
The article reviews the Rockpod 08 computer software for portable media devices.