Tecmo Settles Suit
- GAME CO. FILES SUIT. E. G. // Home Media Retailing;2/13/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p36
The article reports on the copyright infringement lawsuit filed against an Internet- based message board by video game publisher Tecmo Games at the federal court in Chicago, Illinois. The video game publisher claims that the members of the message board have violated the Digital Millennium...
- Don't try to avoid OT pay by misclassifying technicians as exempt professionals. // HR Specialist: New Jersey Employment Law;Mar2010, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p3
The article discusses the court case Pignataro et al. v. Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, wherein the plaintiff two helicopter pilots sued the Port Authority for their unpaid overtime that was favored by the court and was affirmed by the third Circuit Court of Appeals in New Jersey.
- Management exemption looks at duties, not time. // HR Specialist: New Jersey Employment Law;Dec2010, Vol. 5 Issue 12, p1
The article discusses a court case wherein the plaintiff was not payed for her overtime work which involves doing managerial work.
- Off-the-clock work: If your managers praise it, prepare to pay for it. // HR Specialist: Compensation & Benefits;Dec2010, Vol. 5 Issue 12, p3
The article discusses a court case wherein several public safety employees filed a lawsuit against Los Angeles County in California for unpaid overtime.
- Quicken Lawsuit in Jeopardy. Collins, Brian // National Mortgage News;5/31/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 35, p10
The article reports on the impact of a ruling by the Department of Labor on a lawsuit against Quicken Loans involving overtime pay for loan officers in the U.S.
- Avoiding lawsuits over overtime. Glenn, David J. // Westchester County Business Journal;1/20/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p4
Reports on companies in Westchester County, New York facing lawsuits over overtime pay. Basis for the lawsuits; Types of businesses that are most likely to be sued for overtime pay policies.
- 'Explosive' growth in pay cases; wage lawsuits hit all-time high. // HR Specialist;Sep2012, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p1
The article reports on the 7,064 federal wage-and-hour lawsuits filed by American employees because of misclassification of employees, off-the-clock work, and miscalculation of overtime pay.
- Lock in exempt status: Stick to fixed salary. // HR Specialist;Dec2013, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p3
The article discusses a pay-related lawsuit regarding exempt status under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) in which an employee claim that he regularly worked 60 hours a week but never received time-and-a-half overtime pay.
- Don't let anyone alter hours on time records. // HR Weekly;9/15/2014, Vol. 2 Issue 37, p2
The article discusses the 2014 Minnesota District Court case Ortiz-Alvarado et al v. Gomez et al., which involves time record alterations and overtime pay violations.