Tecmo Rejects Bid, Has Other Plans
- Square Enix Wants to Gobble Tecmo Games. Lee, Michael // Red Herring;8/29/2008, p3
The article reports on videogame company Square Enix's offer to buy a majority stake in game developer Tecmo for $8.50 per share. Square Enix, known for the Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest series, would withdraw its proposal if Tecmo should fail to reply or reject the deal by September 4, 2008....
- Financial Fantasy. Chiang, Oliver // Forbes Asia;Apr2010, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p24
The article presents information on Square Enix Holdings Co. Ltd., publisher of video games in Japan. John Yamamoto, chief executive of Square Enix North America, comments that its just-released Final Fantasy game is one of the most important products for the company. It is mentioned that...
- $58M acquisition underscores interest in wireless content. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;3/29/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 13, p22
Reports on the announcement by Japanese gaming company Square Enix that it will buy wireless content provider UIEvolution in 2004. Benefit of the deal to Square Enix; Products and services provided by the companies; Merger between Power By Hand and Pinpoint Networks.
- In Brief. Howard, Courtney E. // Computer Graphics World;May2004, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p8
This article presents information on recent developments related to computer graphics industry. The University of Southern California's School of Cinema-Television, in partnership with publisher Electronic Arts (EA), plans to add a Master of Fine Arts degree in video game design beginning in the...
- EA Bids $1.9 Billion for Take-Two Interactive. // Red Herring;2/25/2008, p6
The article reports on the unsolicited bid offered by video game firm Electronic Arts offer for video game publisher Take-Two Interactive Software. Electronic Arts issued a $1.9 billion offer or Take-Two, which is said to be its response to Activision's $18 billion acquisition of the gaming unit...
- NEW MARKET RULES IN INDONESIA. // Corporate Legal Times;Jul2002, Vol. 12 Issue 128, p7
Reports that the Indonesian Capital Market Supervisory Agency has issued additional rules on tender offers and takeovers.
- SDC Worldwide Mergers & Acquisitions. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;11/4/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 42, p7
Presents updates on merger and acquisition deals around the world as of November 2002, including the launch of the tender offer of DRS Technologies Inc. to acquire all outstanding common stock of Paravant Inc. in the U.S.
- The Fastest Lane In the Deals Market. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p23
Reports on the tender offer market in 1998. Tender offers as tools for executing fast acquisitions of large publicly held companies; Trends; Outcomes of offers; Slight decline from 1997; Tenders completed; Bid premiums.
- Tender Offers. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Feb2002, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p50
Presents charts depicting tender offer trends in the United States from years 1992 to 2001. Tender offer bid premiums; Outcomes of contested versus uncontested offers; Purchase cost agreed by merged companies America Online Inc. and Time Warner Inc.