Sony Recalls 'Burn Hazard' Notebooks
- Acer recalls 27,000 Sony laptop batteries. Taylor, Colleen // Electronic News;4/30/2007, Vol. 53 Issue 18, p43
The article reports on the decision of Acer America Corp., in cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), to conduct a voluntary recall of battery packs containing cells made by Sony Corp. in some of its laptop computers. According to the firm, the decision was a...
- Sony Recalls additional Notebook Batteries. // IT Professional;Nov/Dec2006, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p11
The article offers information on the recalling of Sony of additional notebook batteries. In voluntary compliance with US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), Sony started another product recall. This involves their rechargeable, lithium ion batteries containing Sony cells which were...
- Toshiba recalls additional 1400 Sony-made laptop batteries. Taylor, Colleen // Electronic News;8/20/2007, Vol. 53 Issue 34, p10
The article reports on the recall of Sony laptop batteries by Japanese computer manufacturer Toshiba Corp. The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission announced a voluntary recall of some 1,400 rechargeable lithium-ion batteries containing Sony cells used in Toshiba notebook computers. The...
- Acer recalls 27,000 Sony laptop batteries. Taylor, Colleen // Electronic News;5/7/2007, Vol. 53 Issue 19, p6
The article reports that Acer America Corp., in cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, announced that it is conducting a voluntary recall of lithium-ion battery packs containing cells made by Sony's energy devices division and used in certain Acer notebook computers. The...
- Managing product recall risks no child's play for toymakers. Wocjik, Joanne // Business Insurance;01/01/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p3
Reports on the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission's release of a list of a dozen dangerous toys. Toy safety awareness campaign of the commission; Cost of product recall coverage.
- CPSC orders recall of HTPV plastic vent pipe. Mader, Robert P. // Contractor Magazine;Apr98, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p1
Reports on a number of parties which have joined with the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), to announce the recall of HTPV vent pipes. Number of homeowners whose HTPV vent pipes will be replaced free of cost; Dangers posed by HTPV pipes.
- Recall to Repair Window Blinds, And New Warnings About Window Blinds. // Child Health Alert;Dec2000, Vol. 18, p3
Reports on an announcement for the recall of horizontal window blinds manufactured before 1995, according to the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission and the Window Covering Safety Council.
- Carbon monoxide detectors, scuba tank valves, and kerosene heater wick holders among products... // Fire Engineering;Mar1996, Vol. 149 Issue 3, p40
Lists product recalls announced by the US Consumer Product Safety Commission. Includes Revco Products Inc.'s gas sniffer model 840 carbon monoxide detectors; Trident Driving Equipment Model RP73 screw-in scuba diving tank valve caps; RMC International Ltd.'s Model CT-1200 kerosene heater wick...
- Recalled products pose fire threats. // Fire Engineering;Aug96, Vol. 149 Issue 8, p44
Presents a list of fire-hazardous products recalled by the US Consumer Product Safety Commission. Dishwashers; Hair dryers; Portable halogen outdoor work lights; Flush switches; Fiberglass extension ladders; Electric baseboard heaters; Power strips; Remote control, hand-operated switches.