Social Gaming Startup Raptr Grabs Funding
- Not just playing around. Warner, Bernhard // Brandweek;06/29/98, Vol. 39 Issue 26, p39
Explores the growth of the online gaming industry. Profile on professional gamer, Dennis Fong; Sponsorship of the games; Impact of the PGL Web site; Growth rate of Internet sponsorship deals; List of successful online gaming sites; Evaluation of Electronic Arts entry into online gaming.
- Vendor Gets Funds For Cash Advances. // ISO & Agent Weekly;2/9/2012, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p13
The article reports that Capital Access Network Inc. in New York has received the 30 million dollars investment from Accel Partners.
- Financings roundup. // Medical Device Daily;4/30/2012, Vol. 16 Issue 83, p3
The article reports on the success of Forus Health to raise a Series A funding of 5 million dollars from two venture capital funds, Accel Partners and IDG Ventures India.
- BELIEVING THE INTERNET HYPE. Petersen, Chris // U.S. Business Review;May2008, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p1
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one that discusses ways companies can use the community-building aspects of online social networks lik e Facebook and MySpace and another by Brian Salgado on an addictive word game on the Internet.
- It's time to game socially. Addington, Tim // B&T Magazine;8/20/2010, Vol. 60 Issue 2723, p5
The article introduces various topics published within the issue including the opportunity for advertisers as posed by the popularity of social gaming and another on social media platforms.
- Unreal. Playspan Secures $18 Million for Platform that Only Virtually Exists. Gallagher, Matt // Red Herring;8/23/2010, p3
The article reports on the 18 million dollars raised by virtual goods marketplace platform PlaySpan through Vodafone Ventures, Softbank Bodhi Fund, and its investors Menlo Ventures, STIC, Novel TMT Investors and others. It will use the money for its expansion into Asian and European markets....
- Yume closes $9 Mn funding. // Siliconindia;Dec2007/Jan2008, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p15
The article reports that the second round of funding of broadband video advertising network provider Yume Networks has closed with a total of $9 million in India. The funding was realized through the follow-on investments by Khosla Ventures, Accel Partners and BV Capital. According to the...
- The courtship of Qualtrics. Lapowsky, Issie // Inc.;May2013, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p98
The article focuses on the funding history of data collection and analytics company Qualtrics. The company is led by Ryan Smith and his father, Scott Smith. The younger Smith was initially skeptical to receiving outside funding. Entrepreneur R. Duff Thompson advised Ryan, now the chief executive...
- The Digit. // Newsweek (Atlantic Edition);9/13/2010 (Atlantic Edition), Vol. 156 Issue 11, p17
The article presents statistics on the number of Americans who were using the social network to play games.