Virgin Mobile Buzzd on Nightlife
- Virgin Mobile signs up 500K since last July. // RCR Wireless News;4/28/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 17, p13
Reports on the number of subscribers of Virgin Mobile USA LLC. Average text messages per subscriber; Estimated number of ringtones downloaded by customers.
- Virgin Takes Service Nationwide. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;7/22/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 29, p1
Reports on the debut of Virgin Mobile USA with a national campaign and a festival in New York City in July 2002 . Customers targeted by the mobile virtual network operator; Assessment of the demand for Virgin phones; Impact of Virgin's debut on other prepaid offerings in the market.
- Virgin Attempts Prepaid Shakedown. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;7/15/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 28, p13
Reports on the strategy of mobile virtual network operator Virgin Mobile USA in the United States. View on the impact of Virgin's debut in the U.S. on other U.S. carriers; View of analyst Ken Hyers on Virgin's rate plans; Reason Virgin's service is appealing to teenagers.
- Learning on the Campaign Trail. Masie, Elliott // Chief Learning Officer;May2008, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p12
The article examines the use of new technologies for the 2008 presidential campaign in the U.S. The author explains that campaign volunteers can use the Internet to help the campaign of a specific candidate. The candidates are organizing online courses for voters that will encourage them to...
- Social networking sites vye for viewers. Gibbs, Colin // RCR Wireless News;8/20/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 31, p14
The article focuses on the integration of social networking sites in mobile communication systems. According to the article, the success of the integrated user-generated content in mobile may have to do with connecting with others and less to do with the content itself. According to a study...
- The End of the End User. FARMER, DONALD // Information Management (1521-2912);Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p32
The article discusses the impact of Web platforms in expanding access to business intelligence (BI). It proposes that the traditional role of the end user has diminished in relation to new and effective BI tools and systems. The article notes that the availability of mobile devices and online...
- Bebo Mobile reaches over 38,000 Orange subscribers. // New Media Age;11/15/2007, p2
The article reports on the increase in the number of subscribers reached by Bebo Mobile. According to the news, as many as 32,000 visitors have accessed the free Bebo Mobile service, with the Orange profile receiving 63,000 views. A further 6,500 of the social network's members register for the...
- Virgin Mobile USA, Intercasting cater to social-networking customers. Hill, Kelly // RCR Wireless News;8/27/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 32, p16
The article reports that Virgin Mobile USA L.L.C. has partnered with Intercasting to offer its customers direct access from select handsets to a range of social-networking sites. The sites include general blog and networking sites such as Live-Journal, Rabble, Vox and Xanga, as well as sites...
- Virgin Mobile: 4.6M users and counting. Hill, Kelly // RCR Wireless News;1/8/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p8
The article highlights the announcement by Virgin Mobile USA LLC that it finished 2006 with 4.6 million customers in the U.S. The company introduced penny texting, hybrid price plans and an ad-time-for-airtime service called SugarMama. The mobile virtual network operator has been in business for...