UPDATE: Lehman to Auction Off VC Unit
- Lehman Said Buying A Lender in Britain. Bloomberg News // American Banker;3/7/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 44, p11
The article mentions that Lehman Brothers is ready to purchase London Mortgage Co., which is owned by the Dutch billionaires, the Brenninkmeijer family. The business model of LMC is mentioned, as well as the role of Hawkpoint Partners Ltd, in the sale of the mortgage lender.
- Servicer buying picks up as market rallies sharply on weak data. Runyan, Sally A. // Asset Securitization Report;11/6/2006, Vol. 6 Issue 42, p23
The article reports on the condition of mortage sector as of October 2006. According to Lehman Brothers Inc., the mortgage-backed securities index earned 25 basis points while mortgages outperformed by 86 basis points. Mortgages held fairly well despite a sizeable rally that decreased the...
- For Cirrus, It's Logical To Unload DVD Recording Division. M. C. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;5/9/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 18, p4
Reports on the decision of Austin, Texas-based Cirrus Logic Inc. to examine options for the sale of its DVD-related product line, as of May 2005. Role of Lehman Brothers in helping Cirrus assess its options; Information on the market valuation of the company; Reasons behind the failure of the...
- No break for mortgage valuations. Runyan, Sally A. // Asset Securitization Report;10/20/2003, Vol. 3 Issue 40, p15
Focuses on the performance of mortgage valuations in the U.S. as of October 20, 2003. Average originator supply for the week; RBS Greenwich Capital's statement on the support of banks; Lehman Brothers' concern on the rich valuations in mortgages; Mortgage Bankers Association's reporting of a...
- It's call risk, not extension risk that's hurting MBS. // Asset Securitization Report;8/18/2003, Vol. 3 Issue 33, p12
Focuses on contents of a report issued, as of August 2003, by the Lehman Brothers Inc. which discussed the effect of duration hedging in the mortgage market in the U.S. Comparison of the duration profiles of mortgages at current rate levels to that seen in early June 2003; Reason why call risk...
- Lehman Buying U.K. Company. // American Banker;12/16/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 240, p18
States that Lehman Brothers agreed to buy Preferred Mortgages Ltd. from Rotch Property Group. The consumer market of Preferred Mortgages; Expectations for its portfolio growth.
- Questions linger over Nomura's acquisition of Lehman. Slater, Dan // FinanceAsia;Dec2008/Jan2009 Japan, p10
The article discusses the controversy behind the acquisition of Lehman Brothers Inc. of Nomura Holdings Inc. in Japan. It notes that Kenichi Watanabe, chief executive at Nomura Holdings Inc., persistently evaded the questions of journalists related to its acquisition of Lehman Brothers Inc. on a...
- LaSalle mortgage biz on block. Daniels, Steve // Crain's Detroit Business;11/27/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 48, p3
The article reports that LaSalle Bank Corp. is seeking a buyer for its $224 billion Ann Arbor, Michigan-based mortgage business. ABN Amro Bank NV, the Dutch parent of Chicago-based holding company LaSalle, has hired Lehman Brothers Inc. to handle the sale. With the move, LaSalle joins a growing...
- Provident To Sell Sub-Prime Assets. Cecil, Mark // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;7/5/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 27, p5
Reports on the hiring of Lehman Brothers to sell the subprime residential mortgage assets of Provident Financial Group Inc. after the company was acquired by National City Corp. in 2004. Outlook of analysts on the move; Effect of economic improvement on Provident's portfolio.