Google-NBCU: The Revolution Won't Be Televised
- Can the new Comcast NBC Universal get social? Mermigas, Diane // Hudson Valley Business Journal;1/31/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p18
The article reports on the problems faced by the newly merged Comcast Corp. and NBC Universal Inc. involving the outmoded prime-time ratings or over-the-top threats to cable television. It mentions that the merged company faces an uphill battle in building value, as well as profits on...
- Google Ends Five-Year Quest to Sell TV Ads. McPherson, Doug // Response;Oct2012, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p12
The article reports on the termination of Google Inc. of its online marketplace for television advertisements.
- Why NBC is OK having Google sell cable TV ads. Steinberg, Brian // Advertising Age;9/15/2008, Vol. 79 Issue 34, p1
The article examines the strategic alliance between broadcasting company NBC Universal and Google Inc. NBC will allow Google to sell television advertising on its cable television networks, with the two firms splitting the profits. The alliance is an unprecedented development in television...
- Do ad breaks have a place online? Webdale, Jonathan // New Media Age;10/28/2004, p14
This article examines the viability of transposing television's traditional spot advertising model to the Web. Colin Ramsay, interactive TV head of online sales at Eyeblaster, said using VideoClip technology will allow it to offer a more TV-like experience to site visitors. He also claimed it...
- Upfront flawed, but invaluable. // Advertising Age;5/15/2000, Vol. 71 Issue 21, ps6
Presents a discussion at a forum on upfront advertising comprised of six television media executives and a reporter from `Advertising Age' magazine. Outlook for the upfront market; Sensibility of spending large amounts such as 10 billion dollars in three days on upfront advertising; Concept...
- Broadband Advertising Takes Flight. Mandese, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;2/7/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 6, p18
Forecasts the growth of broadband commercials. Revenue of broadband advertising in 2004; Implication of broadband advertising for TV spots; Similarities between broadband video advertising and TV spots; Factors that hinder advertisers to embrace broadband advertising.
- Cable, Web Bright Spots In a Sluggish Ad Market. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;6/11/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 24, p19
The article reports that cable and Internet advertising sales figures in the U.S. increased in the first quarter of 2007 compared to the same period of the previous year, according to data from TNS Media Intelligence. The growth of cable television was attributed to the ability of niche networks...
- Northern Asia: Google and The Nielsen Company ink alliance. // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;11/2/2007, p27
The article reports that Google Inc. and Nielsen Co. have agreed on a multi-year business alliance. The alliance will see Nielsen provide television audience measurement and demographic data to Google regarding television advertising.
- Uncertainty dogs digital ads. Singh, Sonoo; Hilsdon, John // Marketing Week;6/7/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 17, p42
Discusses the caution taken by advertisers in using digital television as an advertising medium. Popularity of Digital TV among British subscibers; Performance of major digital TV providers; Consumer knowledge regarding interactive TV; Agencies offering interactive TV advertising services.