Facebook's New Face Unpopular
- ORIGINAL. Widdicombe, Lizzie // New Yorker;3/26/2012, Vol. 88 Issue 6, p46
The article reports that the "Social Register," a directory of socially prominent persons which has been published since 1886, has created a website and is comparing itself to online social networks. The history of the register and the process of determining entries is examined, and the...
- Texas District Decides to 'Unfriend' Facebook. Rogers, Amanda // Education Week;5/25/2011, Vol. 30 Issue 32, p8
The article discusses a decision by the school district in Mansfield, Texas to discontinue using the social networking website Facebook.
- Concerned About Facebook Privacy? Check Out These Tools. Gill, Kathy // Moderate Voice;5/18/2010, p7
The article offers information on tools that examine privacy settings in one's Facebook Inc. account. It notes that the website ReclaimPrivacy.Org, created by Matt Pizzimenti, examines the privacy settings in one's Facebook account. It mentions that the website SaveFace allows one's setting in...
- Facebook: pharmas to allow comments. Arnold, Matthew // Medical Marketing & Media;Jul2011, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p17
The article reports on the policy change made by Facebook Inc., which prohibits pharmaceutical company's to disable commenting on the pages in the social networking site.
- Fast Times at Facebook High. Borgen, Daniel // Just Out;5/7/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p28
The article highlights the use of Facebook which its social networking juggernaut represents the ultimate in passive-aggressive guiding. It mentions that Facebook is potential to transform into a virtual parade of exes and sexual conquests and mistakes that can prove inspiring fear. It is stated...
- BEST OF THE TECH BLOGS. // PRWeek (London);7/30/2010, p10
The article discusses several web blog posts, including views on sentiment analysis, the impact of the Internet on marketing, and the Facebook social networking site, which are featured on the web sites of public relations agencies in Great Britain in July 2010.
- With 'Direct,' Instagram digs in on a key metric: Attention. Nusca, Andrew // Fortune.com;12/13/2013, p1
The article looks at the online social media industry as of December 2013, focusing on the Instagram photo-sharing service owned by online social network firm Facebook. It reports on the introduction of a feature into Instagram allowing users to exchange messages and interact with each other in...
- Facebook Gifts Get Real. Fletcher, Dan // Time;2/15/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 6, p54
The article discusses the Facebook online social networking site and the use of Facebook credits to purchase gifts for other members. Initiated in August 2009, Facebook plans to extract a fee for use of the gift-giving service. The involvement of the company RealGifts in the process is noted,...
- Social Disease. Bartels, Billy // Motorcycle Cruiser;Aug2009, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p10
The author reflects on increasing popularity of social networking in the Internet. The author relates how he started being involved in various high technology form of social networking. The author also discusses his career at motorcycle.com. The author describes some online social networks, such...