Facebook's New Face Unpopular
- ORIGINAL. Widdicombe, Lizzie // New Yorker;3/26/2012, Vol. 88 Issue 6, p46
The article reports that the "Social Register," a directory of socially prominent persons which has been published since 1886, has created a website and is comparing itself to online social networks. The history of the register and the process of determining entries is examined, and the...
- Texas District Decides to 'Unfriend' Facebook. Rogers, Amanda // Education Week;5/25/2011, Vol. 30 Issue 32, p8
The article discusses a decision by the school district in Mansfield, Texas to discontinue using the social networking website Facebook.
- Concerned About Facebook Privacy? Check Out These Tools. Gill, Kathy // Moderate Voice;5/18/2010, p7
The article offers information on tools that examine privacy settings in one's Facebook Inc. account. It notes that the website ReclaimPrivacy.Org, created by Matt Pizzimenti, examines the privacy settings in one's Facebook account. It mentions that the website SaveFace allows one's setting in...
- Facebook: pharmas to allow comments. Arnold, Matthew // Medical Marketing & Media;Jul2011, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p17
The article reports on the policy change made by Facebook Inc., which prohibits pharmaceutical company's to disable commenting on the pages in the social networking site.
- Fast Times at Facebook High. Borgen, Daniel // Just Out;5/7/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p28
The article highlights the use of Facebook which its social networking juggernaut represents the ultimate in passive-aggressive guiding. It mentions that Facebook is potential to transform into a virtual parade of exes and sexual conquests and mistakes that can prove inspiring fear. It is stated...
- BEST OF THE TECH BLOGS. // PRWeek (London);7/30/2010, p10
The article discusses several web blog posts, including views on sentiment analysis, the impact of the Internet on marketing, and the Facebook social networking site, which are featured on the web sites of public relations agencies in Great Britain in July 2010.
- A New Communication Tool. Simard, Hervey // Canadian Police Chief Magazine;Fall2010, p21
The article discusses the use of social media as a new communicating tool utilized by the Victoria Police Department. in Canada. It stresses the significance of developing the information technology of police departments in Canada through joining social networks including Twitter, Facebook Inc.,...
- GIFT CARDS. CATTAFI, KRISTIE L. // NonProfit Times;3/15/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p15
The article features a gift card program by Causes, the social impact application on the social networking site Facebook. The gift cards, which was launched in California during the 2010 holiday season, lets donors donate the card's value to various charities on Causes' website. The cards were...
- THE "FACEBOOK" OF PLAYBOY. Smith, Steve // Media Industry Newsletter;3/7/2011, Vol. 64 Issue 10, p4
The article reports on the plan of "Playboy" magazine to connect microsites to traditional media buys in March 2011. It states that through the creative use of social network "Facebook," the magazine has introduced co-branded tabs for the social network pages. It also mentions the effects that...