Rhode Island to Get Off-Shore Wind Farm
- R.I., N.J. planning offshore wind farms. Truini, Joe // Waste News;10/13/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p24
The article reports that the two eastern states of the U.S. are moving forward to build what could be the nation's first offshore wind project. Rhode Island has awarded a contract to Deepwater Wind, which beat six competitors to win the right to build an offshore wind farm that will meet 15% of...
- Major Wind Center Proposed for Mesalands. Kampfer, Peter // New Mexico Business Journal;Jul2005, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p26
Provides information on the proposed Mesalans Wind Center construction project in Tucumcari, New Mexico. Stages of the plan for the Wind Center; Functions of the Wind Center; Possible benefits offered by the Wind Center to the city.
- Welsh wind farms line up. // Planning (14672073);3/12/2010, Issue 1859, p2
The article reports on the submission of applications with details of seven energy projects, in the form of wind farms, of Infrastructure Planning Commission (IPC) in Wales.
- Final permitting: Deepwater turns in mountain of environmental data for Block Island. // Wind Energy Weekly;10/5/2012, Vol. 29 Issue 1503, p4
The article reports that Deepwater Wind LLC has filed its final permit applications to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Rhode Island Coastal Resources Management Council, and U.S. Department of the Interior's Bureau of Ocean Energy Management for its offshore wind project in Block Island, Rhode...
- New U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Breaks Ground. Patel, Sonal // Power;Jun2015, Vol. 159 Issue 6, p12
The article focuses on the completion of the construction of the Block Island Wind Farm in Rhode Island by Deepwater Wind LLC on April 27, 2015.
- New Rhode Island Law Gives Planned Wind Farm A Big Boost To Gain Power-Purchase Contract. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;7/12/2010, Vol. 265 Issue 1, p2
The article reports on the revival of Deepwater Wind's offshore wind project following passage of a law which requires the Rhode Island Public Utilities Commission to consider the environmental and economic benefits of the wind farm rather than just the power price.
- Turning on the Power. // Time;6/11/1965, Vol. 85 Issue 24, p55
The article reports on the construction of two power plants in Brazil. It mentions the start of work on the Estreito Dam on the Rio Grande River in Minas Gerais and the completion Latin America's biggest hydroelectric complex, Furnas Dam. It notes that the Estreito Dam will generate 800,000...
- Deepwater Wind Plans 1-Gigawatt Project Off Rhode Island. // Wind Energy Weekly;12/10/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 1414, p4
The article reports that Deepwater Wind LLC has announced its plans for the construction of a 1,000 megawatts (MW) regional offshore facility, in the deep ocean water of Southern Rhode Island Sound. It states that the project will incorporate more advanced technologies, with 200 wind turbines....
- Nation's First Offshore Wind Farm Comes to Rhode Island. Grande, Drew // Taproot Journal;Fall2015, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p28
The article reports on the announcement of Rhode Island-based wind power firm Deepwater Wind LLC that it will construct an offshore wind farm that would provide clean energy to residents of Block Island, which would make it the first in North America as of September 2015.