Nortel Challenges Cisco on Network Changes
- New Architecture, New Enemies: IT Networking 2010. Talbot, Chris // Channel Insider;12/28/2010, p1
The article offers news briefs related to Information Technology (IT) networking companies in 2010. Hewlett-Packard Co. has moved off its six data centers from Cisco Systems Inc.'s routers and switches. Avaya Communications Inc. and Nortel Networks Corp. has merged their product lines and...
- Short Takes. // Network World;3/20/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p32
The article reports that former Cisco Systems Inc. and Nortel Networks Corp. executive Gary Daichendt has joined IPcelerate, a provider of software applications for voice and data convergence, as an adviser to the board and company executives in March 2006. Daichendt's role will include...
- Nortel: stock rallies on talk of Cisco bid. // MarketWatch: Technology;August 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 8, p16
Nortel Networks Corp. stock rose strongly following speculation that Cisco Systems Inc. is considering a bid for the company. The timing looks good for Cisco to acquire its smaller rival, but it is rarely interested in such large acquisitions. Cisco CEO John Chambers fired up rumors of a...
- downtime. // Computer Weekly;2/7/2012, p18
The article offers information technology news briefs as of February 2012 on topics including a flash drive device of the Swiss Army knife, the relationship between social networking websites and Valentine's Day, and a Wi-Fi device of the Cisco systems technology company.
- Intelligent networking. Sanborn; Moore, Stephanie // InfoWorld;12/06/99, Vol. 21 Issue 49, p14
Reports that Lucent, Cisco Systems and Nortel are accelerating efforts to link network directories to their hardware. Enabling of policy management; Shipment of additional systems in Lucent's Cajun switch line with RealNet Rules; Cisco's release of an upgraded User Registration Tool (URT).
- BUSINESS BRIEFS. April, Carolyn A. // InfoWorld;05/29/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 22, p20
Presents news briefs related to the information technology industry in the United States as of May 29, 2000. Acquisition deal between Nortel and Photonic Technologies; Launching of Internet Communications Software Group by Cisco; Agreement between Advanced Micro Devices and Francisco Partners.
- Last stop: packet networks. Biagi, Susan // Telephony;07/10/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 2, p36
Focuses on the packet-based networking of Cisco Systems, Lucent Technologies and Nortel Networks. Nortel's view of the packet-bases infrastructure; Information on R/Evolutionary Networking solution of Lucent; Cisco's Open Packet Telephony. INSET: Behind the claims.
- Industry Update -- Infrastructure. // MarketWatch: Telecoms;June 2003, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p7
Reports global developments related to the financial performance of telecommunication companies as of June 2003. Net loss of Lucent Technologies Inc. for the second quarter ended March 2003; Increase in the net income of Nortel Networks Corp. for the first quarter ended March 31, 2003; Reduction...
- Optical titans refocus. Lee, Stephen // InfoWorld;04/02/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p1
Reports that Cisco Systems Inc., Lucent Technologies Inc. and Nortel Networks Corp. are refocusing their optical strategies as of April 2001. Details on their strategies; Views on the demand for optical hardware. INSET: STARTUPS PURSUE EMERGING OPTICAL TECHNOLOGIES.