Micropayment Enabler Tipjoy Gets Funding
- Slowly Digging Out of Its Hole. Warzel, Charlie // Adweek;10/22/2012, Vol. 53 Issue 37, p11
The article discusses the social news sharing website Digg, focusing on its July 31, 2012 relaunch following a design and business strategy overhaul by the technology company Betaworks. Topics include branding, monetization through advertising, and an increase in the website's referral rates....
- 2013 MEDIA MAVENS. MCDERMOTT, JOHN // Advertising Age;9/23/2013, Vol. 84 Issue 33, p40
The article focuses on John Borthwick, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the high technology industries firm Betaworks, who is named a winner of one of the publication's 2013 Media Mavens awards and who discusses his mass media use.
- TwoDots: A Dangerously Addictive Brainteaser. MOORE, AMY // Macworld;Oct2014, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p37
The article evaluates the TwoDots mobile app game from Betaworks One.
- Today's Transactions: Once-Promising Web Startup Digg Carved Into Pieces. FLYNN, MARY KATHLEEN; NOTO, ANTHONY // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;7/16/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 29, p14
The article reports on the decision by social news site Digg Inc. to sell its remaining assets to New York-based technology firm Betaworks after signing deals with Linkedin Corp. and the Washington Post Co.
- The idea factory. Richardson, Vanessa // Entrepreneur;Oct2012, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p89
The article discusses venture capital fund Betaworks, which was co-founded by chief executive officer John Borthwick, and is responsible for the funding of social media projects like TweetDeck, Kickstarter, and Tumblr.
- Web watch: financial sites. // Campaign (UK);5/18/2001, Issue 20, p15
Ranks financial performance of several web sites.
- Capitalize on web value. Pike, Peter // National Real Estate Investor;Feb2000, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p88
Gives pieces of advice on capitalizing on Web value. Two masters of the Web sites; How to design Web sites for usability; Suggestions on how to post market information online.
- The High Cost of Web Content Management. // Information Management Journal;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p8
Presents the results of the report 'The Content Management Threshold,' released in 2002 in the U.S., regarding corporate spending on digital content management solutions. Amount spent annually by companies for every non-technical employee to manage simple Web site content; Value provided by...
- This Tool Lets You Easily Upload Your Face Into Awesome GIFs. Roy, Jessica // Time.com;11/14/2013, p1
The article focuses on GifYourself.In, a project created by the startup incubator Betaworks, which lets users superimpose photographs of themselves onto celebrities.