GameTap Goes Global
- Turner Broadcasting & WME | IMG partner to create eSports League. // Indiantelevision.com;9/24/2015, p2
The article reports on the partnership between media company Turner Broadcasting System Inc. and talent marketing agency WME-IMG to create an electronic sports (eSports) competitive gaming league. Topics discussed include the terms of the companies' partnership agreement, the use of the...
- Turner Plans to Be Leader of the Pac-Man. Hein, Kenneth // Brandweek;10/17/2005, Vol. 46 Issue 37, p4
Reports on the GameTap online video game channel of classic games which was launched by Turner Broadcasting System in the U.S. in October 2005. Number of arcade and console games that GameTap users will be able to access; Information on the company's Expand Your Playground launch campaign;...
- The Month: Media - Turner restructures in Asia regions. // Campaign Asia-Pacific;Jan2012, p12
The article reports that Turner Broadcasting System Inc. will divide its regional operations of Asia into three distinct sub-regions, including North Asia, South Asia and Southeast Asia. According to the president and managing director of Turner, for Asia-Pacific, Steve Marcopoto, the strategic...
- TBS Expands Animation Roster with Final Space. // Animation;Feb2017, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p7
The article discusses expansion of media firm Turner Broadcasting System (TBS) with the broadcast of science-fiction animated comedy "Final Space" created by indie filmmaker Olan Rogers and produced by Conan O'Brien's Conaco.
- Shows So Nice, They Ought to Play Twice. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;5/28/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 22, p28
Reports on the partnership between WB network and Cartoon Network in the U.S. Broadcast of animated television programs under the banner of Cartoon by WB; Negotiation between Turner Broadcasting System Inc. and WB about the repetition of primetime shows; Schedule on the animated programs.
- Turner Broadcasting & Warner Bros. sign global multi-series deal for Boomerang. // Indiantelevision.com;6/29/2015, p1
The article reports on the partnership between media firm Turner Broadcasting System Inc. and entertainment firm Warner Bros. to improve original content created for the rebranded Boomerang television channel owned by Turner Broadcasting.
- Netflix to start operating in Russia in Jan. // Russian Telecom;Dec2015, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p4
The article reports that streaming media company Netflix will be offering its subscription-based services in Russia in January 2016.
- Turner uploads online gaming merger. Fritz, Ben // Daily Variety;9/25/2008, Vol. 300 Issue 58, p18
The article announces the decision of Turner Broadcasting to merge its online videogame distributor GameTap with Metaboli, a French company operating similar business in Europe. It states that the Time Warner-owned cable conglomerate will be the largest minority shareholder in the merged...
- WHAT'S ON 'TAP. Thompson, Drew // Sound & Vision;Nov2005, Vol. 70 Issue 9, p110
This article provides information on Gametap, a subscription-based video game service by Turner Broadcasting System. The services enables subscribers to play classic arcade and console games online via a broadband-connected personal computer.