Digg Links Up $28.7M, Kills Google-Microsoft Rumors
- Opinion: Global viewpoint from New York. Bjorkman, Lincoln // Campaign;5/16/2014, p42
Venture capital; angel investors; second rounds of funding.
- Life in the Slow Lane. Sloan, Allan // Newsweek;11/13/2006, Vol. 148 Issue 20, pE20
The article reports that Microsoft, Wal-Mart and Amazon are starting to act more mature. Microsoft responded to investor pressure following an announcement of additional spending and held stock buybacks. Amazon and Wal-Mart both announced cuts to capital spending. All three companies saw their...
- Digg This. Lyons, Daniel // Newsweek;11/1/2010, Vol. 156 Issue 18, p16
The article discusses an unfortunate turn of events at Digg. Founded by Kevin Rose and fortified by $40 million of investors' capital, Digg is a Web site where users rank news stories. At one time it was thought to be worth $200 million. It's popularity has waned, though, and some observers...
- In Digs Nation. // Mother Jones;Jul/Aug2007, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p74
The article presents an interview with Kevin Rose, founder of news aggregating web site Digg.com. He discusses the structure of the site, which allows all registered users to submit and rate stories in a group decision making process. Asked about possible biases which affect the ratings, he...
- Local firms profit from tech woes. Strahler, Steven R. // Crain's Chicago Business;12/04/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 50, p3
Focuses on the financing practice private investments in public equities (PIPE) in Chicago, Illinois. Financiers of PIPE; Significance of the initial public offerings of Internet companies on PIPE; Information on the toxic PIPE; Assessments of financiers.
- Dictating to investors nipped deal in the bud. Wojtowicz, Jean // Indianapolis Business Journal;6/24/96, Vol. 17 Issue 14, p11B
Presents advice on how to approach potential business investors for business capital and financing. Determination of the structure of the deal before negotiating with investors; Development of an approach that allows an investor to ask questions and select his level of participation.
- The State of Venture Capital. Taber, George M. // Business News New Jersey;2/25/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p10
Reports the financial issue of several companies in New Jersey. Investment in Internet companies; Total amount of the venture investments; Real products and sales of the companies.
- Choosing a broker-dealer for your fee-based business. // Financial Planning;Aug97 Supplement FEE-Based Planning, Vol. 27, A Supplement to...
Features ten questions that can help investors choose a broker-dealer for fee-based businesses in financial planning. Summary of the chief concerns of investment advisers.
- Angel-hunting tips. Fraser, Jill Andresky // Inc.;Mar96, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p100
Provides guidelines for finding a high-net-worth individual, preferably with an entrpreneurial background, to invest in your business. Tips from Bill Wetzel, director emeritus of the Center for Venture Research at the University of New Hampshire.